PDA

View Full Version : Smog Question

midnighttuner
08-15-2011, 09:10 PM
So, I was thinking about getting another 3gee and I found some that look kinda decent. One i found said doesnt pass smog. Its an '87 LX-i. Dude didnt say much more than that. I know that it might be the Catalytic Converter or O2 sensor. Any other parts that hurt smog? The car is stock so it cant be the intake not having a CARB number on it. Oh and anyone have recent smog data on their cars? I want to see if these things still pass with flying colors.

Dr_Snooz
08-16-2011, 06:53 PM
We can get most of these cars through smog without a lot of expense. We'll need lots more info though, starting with the smog test numbers. If the car runs well overall, then it shouldn't be too much trouble getting it past. You can also use the smog test issue as a hammer to beat the guy down on the price. If it's kind of a heap, then ask yourself why you're buying a headache and walk away. Any pics of the car?

midnighttuner
08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I talked to the owner more and he didn't give me specifics on the numbers. Figured since it was sittin on the yard for 2 years. All the pics on the ad are the same pic of the outside. White LX-i Sedan. Nothing special. The thing is, I want a 3gee more for sentimental reasons but since they are older than me it makes it hard for me to figure out a reason beyond that and it being different that a riced out civic. I was for $1150 and I found for $1800 a CE6. Something newer and a bit bigger. (Im kind of a fatty lol). You wont kill me for deciding againts a 3gee right? hhahaha. If only I can find my SE-i. Now that i'd jump on.

Dr_Snooz
08-17-2011, 02:11 PM
LOL. I'd jump on a SE-i too. I'd say make a lowlowball offer and see what happens. Or just get the CE6.