PDA

View Full Version : Openloop Cam specifications

Doward
08-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Ok, the head's finally off the Accord coupe. Going to finish disassembly tomorrow and clean it, then off to the machine shop for a magnaflux + shave to make sure the head is flat.

While the cam's out, I'd like to toss something else in there. Saw that thread of Openloop's dynos, and that mild cam is REAL damn intriguing to me.

Unfortunately, I can't find openloop's website anymore.

So does anyone have the specs on that cam? Lift/duration (SAE and .050" if possible)/lobe separation?

Doward
09-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Anybody?

gfrg88
09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Call delta cams, tell them you want a 272 cam and you're good.

or, support on the few aftermarket companies that actually met our needs; and buy the level 2 bisimoto (http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_9_66_67)cam

MessyHonda
09-03-2011, 10:30 AM
the cam that was there was a colt triflow stage 2

cygnus x-1
02-13-2012, 11:14 PM
the cam that was there was a colt triflow stage 2

The cam that was where? In the Openloop car?

C|

Tdurr
02-13-2012, 11:58 PM
^^ yes.
Id say go bisi tho. Im a huge fan of what he/they do for single cam engines.

cygnus x-1
02-16-2012, 09:42 AM
^^ yes.
Id say go bisi tho. Im a huge fan of what he/they do for single cam engines.

I was confused and thought he meant the "Openloop" cam was actually a Colt triflow. But no, it was swapped. Nevermind.

Anyway I've been messing around with some engine simulations to try and figure out cam to get for my big valve head (whenever I actually finish it). What I'm finding is that the stage 1 Colt has better low end torque than either the Delta 272 or the stage 1 web. I'm sort of wondering whether the same would hold true for the all the stage 2 cams as well. But I don't have enough data to be able to model them.

Also, the torque curve on that mild Openloop cam is almost unbelievable. It's 125+lb-ft from 2500RPM all the way to 6700RPM. I really wish I had the numbers on that cam so I could test them. Anyone know who has it now?

C|

gfrg88
02-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Well I know Ryan, hondalude86, has the car now. But don't know if the cam is still in there :dunno:

cygnus x-1
02-17-2012, 06:00 PM
The two Openloop cams were sold separately from the car, I remember that. Smeado has the wild cam, but I don't remember who got the mild one. I guess I could search but I'm too lazy right now.

C|

hondalude86
02-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I do nit have the cam but ive got the wild head... prwtty awesome car. One thing to remember aboit the open cars perfomance on the dyno is that it was just running an off the shelf tune. No tuning was done on that car other than that. Which is pretty goddamn inpressive.

cygnus x-1
02-17-2012, 11:54 PM
I do nit have the cam but ive got the wild head... prwtty awesome car. One thing to remember aboit the open cars perfomance on the dyno is that it was just running an off the shelf tune. No tuning was done on that car other than that. Which is pretty goddamn inpressive.

I know. I PM'd the guy back then to get the cam specs (didn't have them), and he mentioned that it was just a stock tune. From the simulations I've done, raising the compression makes a HUGE difference, so I'm thinking that was a big part of it.

C|