PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank breather pipe rusted away

denhonda
08-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Over the last few months I've been doing a few odd jobs to my '82 to return it to a roadworthy condition. However the latest area of attention has me stumped. I drained the tank of old fuel & whilst checking some rust in the inner quarter, I noticed the fuel breather pipe is completely rotten.

This pipe is NLA from Honda UK & my spares cars pipe is equally rusty... anybody able to check if the US Honda has the same kinda breather?

Four small rubber hoses from the tank area connect up to the pipe & the pipe runs up by the fuel filler neck & into the n/s inner quarter cavity in the trunk compartment.

If the US breather is the same, what's the chances of there being one rust-free that somebody could send across the Atlantic Ocean?!!

Ichiban
08-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Cock. I actually tossed one of those not too long ago. Went with the last parts car, paint was even shiny on it.

denhonda
08-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Cock. I actually tossed one of those not too long ago. Went with the last parts car, paint was even shiny on it.

Well that answered half my question lol, that they can be gotten in a rust-free condition!

Could do a trade for a JDM 2g centre console if anyone could get me a good'un?

denhonda
09-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Still needing help with this from some kind soul... :)

85SE-i
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Honda actually had a recall years ago regarding this exact issue. I'm sure the campaign has ended by now though.