PDA

View Full Version : a tough question...

Immeraufdemhund
10-15-2002, 11:03 AM
well ok, not tough thinking, just tough strong. I smashed some guy who cut me off and his stupid chrome bumper pushed the front passanger side wall...front as in were my light is back. So now my ac / rad things are touching only on the passanger side. I tried to replace my head light and i have to pull the booger out one inch. (roughly) I took off my bumper and my light hooked it up to a tree and went in reverse. Did nothing. I then un hooked the car took out the batter and grabed a piece of wood with a sledge hammer and bashed away (my hood is taken off).. Still i only moved the booger maybe 1/8 of an inch, if that. I still have like 1 inch to go. How in the world can i move this stubborn piece of metal. I have a 87 lxi hatchback 5speed. The place were it needs to move is were the light gets skrewed into on the side towards the radiator. ???

89AccordNate
10-15-2002, 11:43 AM
Looks like your going to a body shop for that one.

Nate.

A20A1
10-15-2002, 10:13 PM
dang... not sure what you should do... maybe use a large metal wood clamp in reverse to pry the part back into place.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Damn, that's what I feel like doing all the time. But then I realize I would be hurting my baby. :)

Immeraufdemhund
10-16-2002, 08:24 AM
One of my friends was saying that it moves but it moves right back into the spot it's at. So what we have to do is get a bunch of tension on it, then smack at and keep putting on a lot of tension. He said that's roughly what the shops do. I'm going to try it this weekend hopefully if my friend is available. I'm supposed to fix his computer for him in exchange.