PDA

View Full Version : bleeding cooling system, need more info

Mantis88LX
10-15-2002, 11:04 AM
ok so i got the fluid to the right level and everything, i crank the car up and opened bleeder screw with the coolant cap off, then i top up the coolant a little then put cap on, is this the right way? i have searched everywere and i cant findout if u crack the bleed screw with the coolant cap off or on,

thanx

anchovies
10-15-2002, 11:52 AM
again??? :D j/k
crack the bleed bolt when you fill the coolant, then when coolant comes out from bleed bolt without air bubble, close it, start engine, wait for fan (fill with coolant as appropriate), then turn off engine, top off coolant, close cap, done

Don't worry about nitty gritty stuff, it doesn't matter id you open the bleed bolt with the cap off or on
hope that helps

VTEC_Inside
12-04-2005, 11:07 AM
I know this thread is old as dirt, but after more than a couple times bleeding mine, I still had air in it.

I used a clear hose today and a small container to catch what came out. I had the car warmed up, revved it by kinking the throttle cable and cracked the bleeder. Let me just say that I couldn't believe how much air was trapped in there. Without using the hose, I think its just too hard to tell if you've got it all.

DBMaster
12-04-2005, 12:34 PM
I personally have never been able to get coolant to come out of the bleed valve without the engine on. On the old style Odyssey I used to have it worked with the engine off, but in this old Accord - never. I just end up bleeding about a pint of coolant out just to be on the safe side.

russiankid
12-04-2005, 01:08 PM
yes thats correct, just make sure all the bubbles are gone