PDA

View Full Version : trouble pulling tranny

knifemind
08-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey guys..

I started pulling my tranny today to replace my clutch, and I am having a bitch of a time getting it off. I have removed everything as far as I can tell, but it wont separate. Are there any sneaky bolts on engine side that I might be missing? Any other tricks/tips or easily overlooked things I should look for?

If I pry at the front where that bracket connects to the block, it moves apart, but wont keep going. I'm thinking something on the back half of it is still there, but I've already pulled the whole mount thing for the dog bone, and all the bolts off the rear mount, and even went so far as to pull that support crossbeam (the front to back one). What am I overlooking?

Keachman1
09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
You should download the service manual on here and look at the transmission section to see what you are missing. It could be the dust shield, starter bolts if you haven't removed it yet, or the front brace between the engine and trans right below the exhaust manifold, etc, ect.......

89T
09-01-2011, 06:33 PM
starter bolts?

-$MOKIN-
09-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Maybe take off the upper right mount off of the motor and hoist the motor up some on that side. ?Id prolly take the nuts on your lower mounts off so it can move some.
Make sure all your bolts are out , there are some on the rear lower mount also.

knifemind
09-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Make sure all your bolts are out , there are some on the rear lower mount also.

Bingo, thanks.

I wasn't in a huge rush so I slept on it and tackled it again today. I found that I missed one out of the three bolts on the rear mount. I swore I had them all, but I guess my frustrations got the best of me and I overlooked it.

I will definitely get the service manual. I have them for my Prelude but never had to do much work to the accord so I never bothered.

I got it all back together and back on the road but about 5.