PDA

View Full Version : leak in radiator reserve tank

BrokenBone
09-03-2011, 03:27 PM
What should i do to fix this. I was going to go to autozone and see how
much for a new one but how do i remove it?

RAZR
09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
What should i do to fix this. I was going to go to autozone and see how
much for a new one but how do i remove it?

Remove the cap and just pull up on the entire unit and it comes right out.

lostforawhile
09-03-2011, 05:09 PM
See if someone on here has one i may even have one for you

BrokenBone
09-03-2011, 08:41 PM
How much??? Do they even carry the radiator reserve tank at kragen or autozone. Im having a hard time finding the part online.

lostforawhile
09-04-2011, 05:09 AM
How much??? Do they even carry the radiator reserve tank at kragen or autozone. Im having a hard time finding the part online.i'll see if i have mine still, they are pretty easy to find, so it's probably going to be a used tank, or fit in a universal tank, which will require finding a way to mount it

BrokenBone
09-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Nevermind the tank is fine, it's actually overflowed. The tank is leaking where the filler tube connects and possibly a little where the cap screws on. Also my radiator itself has a small leak possibly the radiator cap, it's old n rusty. The radiator is wet where the seams are and where the radiator cap connects. Anyways how come the reserve tank does not fill up the radiator when it's running low on coolant, I'm alwAys having to check my radiator and adding water cause it's a little low. Please help me with a solution

lostforawhile
09-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Nevermind the tank is fine, it's actually overflowed. The tank is leaking where the filler tube connects and possibly a little where the cap screws on. Also my radiator itself has a small leak possibly the radiator cap, it's old n rusty. The radiator is wet where the seams are and where the radiator cap connects. Anyways how come the reserve tank does not fill up the radiator when it's running low on coolant, I'm alwAys having to check my radiator and adding water cause it's a little low. Please help me with a solution
because the radiator is leaking and not pulling vacuum, also the cap is probably bad. the tank is not supposed to fill up the radiator, but to allow a place for coolant to go when it expands, when the system cools off that coolant is pulled back into the radiator. the bottle isn't supposed to be sealed, it's vented, it's a siphon