PDA

View Full Version : please help!

brietheimer
09-04-2011, 06:06 AM
I have an 87 lx-i and I have a code 12. I connected a vacuum pump to the egr and pulled vacuum. This stalled the engine. Also there was no vacuum going to the egr or to the solenoid. Vacuum is at 8-10 from the CVC but there is no vacuum coming from the air chamber... Should there be? I cleaned the filters with compressed air and reset the ecu but the PGM-FI light still comes on anywhere from 1 min to 5 min. Any ideas. I am sick of this light!

Oldblueaccord
09-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Did you check the wiring for breaks etc.

wp

brietheimer
09-06-2011, 04:46 AM
No I did not. Should I do that visually? What would be the best way?

gp02a0083
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
use a test light and the "wiggle test" , just move the wires around to see if you loose continuity. also clean the filter for the sensor in the black box, this can cause a code 12

DBMaster
09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Remove the EGR valve and apply vacuum to it. If it "sticks," even slightly, in its travel you are getting the code because the EGR lift sensor (integral with the valve) "thinks" the valve isn't opening. This is exactly what mine did several years ago and the ultimate fix was replacing the valve. Yes, it was $140, but it eliminated the light.

I think this issue may be more common than I thought. I even replaced two of the parts in the "black box" before replacing the EGR so benefit from my wasted money!

RAZR
09-06-2011, 05:13 PM
use a test light and the "wiggle test" , just move the wires around to see if you loose continuity. also clean the filter for the sensor in the black box, this can cause a code 12

I am having the same problem in my car and i have taken apart the black box and i dont kno where this filter is so could you elaborate on where it is? or maybe a picture of said filter?

RAZR
09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Can nobody help me????