PDA

View Full Version : 87 Accord blower motor replacement help

nerdmeier
09-04-2011, 11:31 AM
1987 Accord - heater blower motor died - it made squealing noises on occasion over the past year – then, on a recent drive, it started varying in speed for a few seconds and then the nasty burnt insulation smell then nothing – none of the speeds work.

Does anyone have specific knowledge of the 1987 series?

I’ve looked at various manuals including the ones provided on this site – but my installation doesn’t match anything I’ve seen. There is no “blower duct” – the connection is direct attachment to the heater/AC box kept in place by a hose-clamp-type strap. I can’t see an upper right side mounting screw on the blower assembly. I can see an upper left side mounting screw and a lower left side mounting screw. Do I need to remove more of the dash to get the to the upper right side mounting screw? Also, how many wiring harnesses do I need to disconnect? I’ve disconnect two but there is a third connector on a white box on the bottom of the fan housing – does this need to be disconnected as well or does it come out with the fan housing?

Thanks for your help!

Oldblueaccord
09-05-2011, 08:06 AM
I should have pictures on here. You can search under my name.

The entire box comes out. I think just the glove box and mount bracket needs to come out.

Check your wiring also that motor is fused for like 40 amps so some of the wiring prolly burned up. Mine the connector melted. I added in a 15 amp fuse to the motor JIC it wants to burn up again.

wp