PDA

View Full Version : Basic alarm install question (polarity)

Brennan
09-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey guys,

89 Accord LX-i here. I'm trying to install a basic alarm. I got it cheaply so nothing special, annnnnd no instructions in the box. I think I found the correct wiring for it here:

hxxp://scytek.net/manuals/precision/p10.pdf

(Page 10 has the wiring)

I got it mainly for the door lock / unlock, and before I tear everything apart I want to make sure it'll work. I know that my car has Negative polarity on the lock/unlock wiring. The alarm has that as well. Does that mean that it will work if I connect the wires?

I guess I could check with a meter, but I'm not gonna lie, still teaching myself electronics. :) Hence why I'm installing my own alarm.

Thanks guys, as always any help is appreciated!

B

Hazwan
09-12-2011, 06:20 AM
According to both alarm and factory wiring manual, you should connect both

Green - Lock Out (-) to the Green/White wire from the control box/door lock switch
Blue - Unlock Out (-) to the Green/Red wire from the control box/door lock switch

But then I don't own a 3g and I am basing these from the factory service manual for 3g Accord. This might help you out tho!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5636/2526s.jpg

Brennan
09-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Hey Hazwan, seen you around a fair amount, thanks for replying!

So I ended up just going at it cause, well, my weekdays don't allow me time to do this stuff and it was Sunday. :) Turns out that just connecting (splicing in) the alarm negative wires for lock / unlock to the wires behind the drivers side kick panel did it! I now have a wonderful keyless entry system that locks / unlocks.

Next up is the alarm portion if I can figure out how to connect it to the factory horn...I'm always up for a challenge.

ghettogeddy
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
just grab one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essentials-513T-Piezo-Siren/dp/B0009SUEX6
very small very loud i put mine in the left vent inside the car... no one can sit through it... just dont forget its there