PDA

View Full Version : No more vacuum problems for me.

shepherd79
10-15-2002, 12:40 PM
OK,
this day started like anyother day, except my alternator locked up and my belt burned up and broke. Lucky for me i had my "Bitch mobile" sitting in my back yard. so i took alternator off the "bitch mobile'. it didn't cost me anything.
before i started to pull my car part, i thought why not get rid of the vacuum crap while i do that.
so slowly started to remove that shit. it filed up a box from castrol oil.
i removed the cruiz control stuff too. it won't work without vacuum anyway.
than i removed the carburator plate and replased with the modified one. i took it out the heating element, so it should flow freely.
than i had to work on the carb. too much stuff to tell. Just ask Mike (A20A1) or me (at least i know how to do it now).
i droped the carb and revired the vacuum lines. 3 total. WOOHOO!!!
started the car and it sounded soooo goood.

GOOD: my car idles a lot better. it is smother and wothout any missfire like it used to be.
i can fill the diff around 2000rpm. it picks up a lot better without any problem.
oh yeah did i mention it idles like it never idled before.
BAD: well, if you live in a state where you have to go through the emisison control test. this would not be a good thing for you to do.

oh yeah, 86 and 88 alternators have diff pulleys. i though i may mention to you people.

at the and i would like to thank Mike (A20A1) and people who comes to the carb section of this forum for their help.
thanks guys.

P.S. i am still working on Holley 2bbr swap. look forward to that one.

Mantis88LX
10-15-2002, 04:19 PM
so which vaccum lines did u have too keep in order to keep the car running? i want to do this soon too,

it help performance? how?

oldriceracer
10-15-2002, 06:02 PM
hey guy. i have the a20a3, fi. can i get rid of any vacum lines? i dont even know why they are there in the first place

shepherd79
10-15-2002, 06:32 PM
you can't remove any vacuum lines on EFI. i don't even see why you want to, it is only like a few of them.

shepherd79
10-15-2002, 06:36 PM
i will have to putt "how to" one day.
but for now you will have to cap everything except the three on the top-back.
i will post more about it in CARB section.

A20A1
10-15-2002, 10:21 PM
you can plug the air jets as well... don't think theyll make too much of a differnce. It just adjusts the air jets based on altitude.

welll, hope to see the holley on soon. :D

shepherd79
10-16-2002, 04:13 AM
you will, trust me.
it is getting colder around here, i probably won't do much with Holley over the winter. just gonna get parts. and be ready for the spring.