PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Meat

Ffatlac3
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi guys,Just a quick hello from Lincolnshire UK..I have just picked up my first ever Honda,indeed my first ever Japanese car, after years of Vee Dubbin'..
It's an '86 Aerodeck in silver, totally standard 2,0l carburetted EX model..First registered 10/03/1986 it has covered only 35,500 miles..the first owner being a lady who lived for many years in Australia but kept the car over here to use whilst visiting home...She put a little over 35,000 miles on the car from new until 6 months ago when she traded it in for a new car at our local Toyota dealership. The car was then bought by a semi retired guy I know who works as a valet for the dealership,who has subsequently driven a little under 500 miles during his 6 months of ownership.He has now bought a new car and offered me "The Delorean"... I had to snap his hand off!!
The car is still wearing it's original tyres (!) and everything works just fine..the only signs of age being a couple of mild rust scabs at the end of each sill,which I intend to have taken care of straight away. Otherwise the whole vehicle is immaculate.Will try to get some pics up over the weekend.
Having checked out the UK website howmanyleft.com it would appear that only one 86 EX aerodeck is registered as being on the road in this country so I guess this is it..oldest in the UK?
Well that's me done waffling,Look forward to chatting with y'all in the future..
Scott :)

itzdave
09-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Wow, just wow...

87roach
09-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome, sounds like a great find! Post lots of pictures.

Ffatlac3
09-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys,Have been aimlessly reading through some of the archives on here but to be honest, I've no jobs to do that require research at the moment..Am considering a mild tickle with the lowering stick and some slightly more fetching rims but wondering if it'd be a shame to spoil the old fella..maybe just some adjustable coilies?

Dr_Snooz
09-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome! Sounds like a dream car. The truth is that the 3g suspension was among the best ever put in a production car. Lowering it would only make it worse. Keep it stock and keep it pristine.

And post pics soon!

bryan6732
09-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome from a fellow Aerodeck driver!
Looks like an epic find. I guess I bought about the same car a few weeks ago.
It's also an 86 Aerodeck and has only 95k miles on it.

It isn't a shame to change a vehicle to your wishes. (at least when it's not rice lol)
So if you want to keep it stock, keep it stock.
If not, make it the way YOU like it! Just my humble opinion though! ;)

Ffatlac3
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
For sure would like to keep stock but would like to fill the arches out a bit more..don't want hobos making a home up in there :) Also those big ass michelins remind me of a tractor tyre,be nice to have something a bit lower profile,reckon I ought to change 25 year old rubber even if it does appear in good order!
Thanks for the welcomes guys, Hopefully get a chance to get some pics up tomorrow...

POS carb
09-23-2011, 12:44 PM
35,500 :omg:

Fedor B.
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Make 5 posts, and show us lots of pics, sounds awesome!!
Ow, and welcome to the forum.

bryan6732
09-24-2011, 12:30 AM
For sure would like to keep stock but would like to fill the arches out a bit more..don't want hobos making a home up in there :) Also those big ass michelins remind me of a tractor tyre,be nice to have something a bit lower profile,reckon I ought to change 25 year old rubber even if it does appear in good order!
Thanks for the welcomes guys, Hopefully get a chance to get some pics up tomorrow...

Maybe some 1" lowering springs would be good for you?
And some bigger (17"?) rims...?

Oh, we want pics indeed! :)

Ffatlac3
09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Maybe some 1" lowering springs would be good for you?
And some bigger (17"?) rims...?

Oh, we want pics indeed!

Yeah definitely some rims would be nice if changing rubber anyway...Will have to have a good look round the wheels thread to see whats a good fit..

Ffatlac3
09-24-2011, 11:25 AM
BTW, have taken pics and will now put them on the pics and vids board..here's a taster :)

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1169/hondaclocks.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90/hondaclocks.jpg/)

charliekuney
09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
The suspense is killing me!

bryan6732
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah definitely some rims would be nice if changing rubber anyway...Will have to have a good look round the wheels thread to see whats a good fit..

In my opinion, a bit lower offset looks best on these cars.
But don't go away from +45 too much, since you'll lose on handling. I've got +38 and it drives good! :)

Ffatlac3
09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
In my opinion, a bit lower offset looks best on these cars.
But don't go away from +45 too much, since you'll lose on handling. I've got +38 and it drives good!

Cool thanks for that, advice much appreciated...

The suspense is killing me!

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76496 :)