PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of dents?...

viking805fan
09-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I have a dent on the outer center area of my trunk near the H emblem and I was wondering if there was any helpful tips that could help with getting rid of the dent either using a kit or home tools. The Dent is about 2 or 3 inches.

Dr_Snooz
09-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't think we have any professional body men on this board, so allow me to offer my very unprofessional and decidedly personal opinion. If you want to do it like a professional shop, buy a new deck lid and spray it to match the car. As no color match is going to be perfect, you'll have to feather the re-spray across half the car, so many shops just re-spray the whole car. On my car, I've pulled interior panels and pushed out small dents with my thumbs. That's assuming there isn't a supporting or reinforcing piece of steel in the way. Given the location of your dent, that's probably not an option for you. I have used a paintless dent puller that I bought from Wal-Mart with some success. The risk there is that you might end up pulling a chunk of paint off the car. My last resort would be pulling the dent out with a normal dent puller, filling the resultant dimpled mess with Bondo, sanding it down and re-spraying to match the car. Unless you have years of experience in body work, it will be very difficult to get this to look right. I'd say it's very likely that the fix will even be more noticeable than the original dent. I would only do this if I were unable to locate a new trunk lid.

RAZR
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
According to his sig gp02a0083 owns a body shop he should chime in with his opinion.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/member.php?u=5588

89HatchbackLxi
10-23-2011, 09:57 PM
If you can post a few pics of the dent (from a few angles), it would be easier to see what should be done to repair it.