PDA

View Full Version : Why, Just why.....

Nio
09-27-2011, 07:00 PM
So while I was home. I put a new window in my driver side after not having one for close to a year. it was a total pain getting it in since the window motor was broken and the slide jammed, but I just wanted it in to stop dust and air getting in easily.

well that was a few months back. Turned out last friday while my parents were gone, someone broke the window and tried to steal the car. Now I'm actually kinda pissed for 3 reasons.

A. The fact I put the window in myself, and that it wasn't cheap to get since, none of the yards around here have a coupe with a none broken driver side window. and it cost me roughly 100$ after shipping to get it, along with a 3 week wait on shipping.

B. The car doesn't run, since it doesn't have a battery, and even if they got the battery in the car, they couldn't get it started since its push start. "omg wtf is this" and nothing is worth stealing since it has no radio, interior, gauges, nothing of value inside, or really under the hood.

C. THE GOD DAMN DOORS WERE UNLOCKED!!!!!

I actually did this on purpose since I knew no one could steal the car, but did they check that, no. They just broke the window and went from there.

Its like I'm not supposed to own the car, so many things keep coming up preventing me from actually enjoying it.

its just not cool.

obdriver6
09-28-2011, 11:01 AM
It must have been some stupid ass thief if he didn't even check to see if it was unlocked. Are you sure they tried to steal it, a couple year ago somebody broke one window on three of our cars but they didn't steal anything. I'm guessing the punk just wanted to destroy property.

elpuma
09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Damn thats hella f***ed up! Don't let this stop you from working on it Nio. Around here like a year ago i member in the news lots of cars were getting their windows broken. Turned out some college students were shooting at windows with pellet gun.

Nio
09-28-2011, 02:40 PM
well no other car was hit on the block, and it happened while my family wasn't home.

Also as long as I've lived there *10 years* Haven't had cars just had randomly have broken windows. But I have read about 2 cars in the paper being stolen around my area.

its just kinda frustrating.

Also elpuma There is a lot more to this car wanting to me to not work on it. I'm going home on leave on November 20th and going to give it one last try to get her up and running so I can drive her back to cali, if it doesn't work, I'm not sure if I will keep her, it will be 2 years and I haven't gotten to drive her for more then 5-6 months of that.

elpuma
09-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Well thats understandable bro. But at least you giving it one more try :)

Dr_Snooz
09-28-2011, 05:48 PM
They broke your one new window? That took weeks to get? That's cosmic. Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out for you.

charliekuney
09-29-2011, 11:30 PM
I still can't believe he broke a window on a car that he can just pull the window back and reach inside and unlock the door anyway, like every Honda before...2000?

Dr_Snooz
09-30-2011, 10:50 AM
I've been thinking about replacing some of my windows with Plexiglas for weight savings. Maybe you can fab one using the passenger side window as a guide?

Nio
09-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I've been thinking about replacing some of my windows with Plexiglas for weight savings. Maybe you can fab one using the passenger side window as a guide?

if I could get plexiglas windows I would love it. But I bet they would be expensive as hell.