PDA

View Full Version : Rock Auto

Clint
09-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I recently picked up an '89 DX for cheap but it needs a lot. The first thing was a rear upper control arm where the ball joint had quit. After 23 years and 201K miles it was not a surprise. I ordered two new low end (they carried three different levels of control arms - the high end was adjustable for camber) and in four days they arrived (I had ordered two since I figured the driver's side did not have any time left). I went to install the new control arm and the bolts on the fender well did not line up. Off by about an 1/8th inch. I checked the other one and it bolted right up. So I called Rock Auto and explained the problem and the guy says "We will get a new one out to you". I thanked him and ask him what should I do with the bad part. He says "Hold onto it for a bit in case we want to look at it, but if we haven't contacted you in a few weeks, throw it away".

They earned my business for a long time. A company who is willing to "sacrifice" a $15 part to make a customer satisfied is OK in my opinion.

2ndGenGuy
09-30-2011, 09:31 AM
That's awesome. Plus they pop up on here once in a while with a 10% discount code, which is sweet!

Dr_Snooz
09-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! Seems like we always hear the rants, but not the raves.