PDA

View Full Version : DC header from a third geb prelude

3gmodifier
10-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Whats up 3geez. I pulled a DC header from a 90 prelude at the junkyard this last sat. It is in great shape but i just cant get the EGR tube off without bending the no.4 cyl pipe. it is seized solid. probaly just gonna cut it off and weld it solid. just wondering if any one on here would be interested in this for there prelude( those who have one) before i start to hack it up and make it fit my B20A. hit me up!

2oodoor
10-05-2011, 09:18 AM
is it ceramic coated?
that would be sweet, the hedman one I got isn't and now it's fuggly...

You only need to cut the downpipe, maybe you could find a DC downpipe and not need to cut weld anything much.

3gmodifier
10-07-2011, 01:43 AM
It is ceramic coated. i have the down pipe and everything. I still cant get the egr pipe fitting off without damaging the no.4 exhaust tube. aaaah. gonna spend some time this weekend doing some R&D and see what i can come up with.

2oodoor
10-07-2011, 04:14 AM
I've had the same issue before, it is scary.
soak it good with pb blaster, chuck the header up in a good heavy vise and use a pipe wrench to hold the bung part and a good fitting wrench on the nut.
May even need to heat it up some too.

mykwikcoupe
10-07-2011, 07:41 AM
is it ceramic coated?
that would be sweet, the hedman one I got isn't and now it's fuggly...

You only need to cut the downpipe, maybe you could find a DC downpipe and not need to cut weld anything much.

What header did you sell me. It looks to be larger then stock or at least very nice.

2oodoor
10-11-2011, 05:38 AM
that was an oem B20A piece, very well designed for a cast manifold I thought.
The only reason I did not use it was weight loss.