PDA

View Full Version : 89 accord coupe Project

monsterenergyjh
10-05-2011, 06:08 AM
So i Have this 89 accord dx Coupe 5speed CARB!!, alot of people tell me its a rare Car but to me its just a daily driver & Project car,, So this my first time EVER posting a thread so i dont really know watz up lol BUT i would really some advice on wat i should do to it In performance wise im not a COMPLETE NEWBIE when it comes to hondas or cars in general i hang around a mechanic shop all day but i would like sum opinions ill post some pics of the car ,, it WAS tan colored at first then all i did wuz primer it black

charliekuney
10-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Well, the CA6 was only made in 1988 and 1989...so they're fairly rare.

Dr_Snooz
10-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Welcome! When you get to 5 posts, put up some pics of your car for us. The coupes were only sold in 88 and 89 in North America. Americans couldn't get past their conceptions of the hatchback as an econo car, so Honda introduced the Coupe just for them. They are rare in the sense that they aren't ubiquitous, but not in the sense that they are worth a lot of money...yet.

And remember: punctuation is your friend. Won't you be its friend?

bryan6732
10-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Welcome! :wave:

If you wanna know anything about performance upgrades, as well as anything else about 3g accords, you're at the right place!
There's tons of information in this board's archives.

DBMaster
10-05-2011, 04:08 PM
As I recall, the 88-89 coupes were only U.S. built and were actually the first Hondas that were IMPORTED into Japan.

charliekuney
10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
CA6:
- second "import" built in the United States (after the second-gen hatch?)
- first "import" (not just first Honda) exported back to native country

obdriver6
10-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I would say they're kind of rare since they only made them for 2 years, but its still a 3g accord and they're all awesome. Do you have a budget for performance parts?....btw Welcome!