PDA

View Full Version : is there a thread for seafoaming??!

Vick23
10-14-2011, 09:29 AM
kind of stupid but is there a thread on how to properly sea from our cars.. mines a carb. so yeah i dont want to do something horrible to my carb

RAZR
10-14-2011, 10:46 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49250

The search function is a wonderful thing.

Vick23
10-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Here's what you do. Unhook the brake booster vac line at the brake booster. Use 1/3 of the bottle of sea foam and stick the hose in there. You will hear the engine "drinking" the sea foam. Once that's all, hook the hose back up. Then dump 1/3 of the bottle in the crank case in the oil fill hole. Then dump the other 1/3 into the gas tank. is this the right procedure to sea foam my car??

2oodoor
10-15-2011, 02:46 PM
yah dont forget you need to open the throttle up some while its drinking the crap or it is going to stall out, word to the wise keep your face away from the top of the carb and or wear some safety glasses.
Personally I would just add a bottle to the tank, and get some quality thottle body cleaner spary to clean the begeezus out of the accesable interior of the carb.
Do that with the engine not running ok and also have somebody hold the gas pedal to the floor, not running, so you can get some spray in there around the idle air bleed area.
When you go to crank it up, hold the pedal to the floor because it is going to be momentarily flooded. Once it starts up then get off the throttle and kind of feather the throttle to keep it running a second then let it idle once it clears out.

Change the fuel filter too, this needs to be done every six months now days due to the ethanol.

razordave123
10-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I've had very good luck with the brake booster vac line. The problem is it doesn't clean your whole carb. I have been using b-12 chemtool in the tank, it's the same can, maybe the same manufacturer. 1/3 the price. they also make the same b-12 brand carb/choke/throttle body cleaner aerosol can.

Vick23
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM
were would i be able to get a good fuel filter for our cars?