PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 mile 8.5 sec turbo accord...

custom
10-22-2011, 03:46 PM
im on my cell so i cant post a link... but go to youtube.com username customhonda and check out my new video. 8.5 at 89 on street tires on stock bottomend. its under 86 turbo accord.... i know a piston ring land maybe going but we going to the trak tomorrow... ima try and do high 7s with my slicks soon.... its coming. folks say i couldnt get n da 8s

Nio
10-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I wanna check that out when you get your slicks. looks pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/customhonda#p/u/0/LpF7ME_RYGs

obdriver6
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Nice! How much boost are you pushing?

Hondamonster
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM
you should get some suspension on that thing. idk a ton about drag setups, but I know squat doesn't help your performance and you were showing a lot of weight transfer during shifts. maybe stiffen up the rear?

89T
10-24-2011, 04:01 PM
im on my cell so i cant post a link... but go to youtube.com username customhonda and check out my new video. 8.5 at 89 on street tires on stock bottomend. its under 86 turbo accord.... i know a piston ring land maybe going but we going to the trak tomorrow... ima try and do high 7s with my slicks soon.... its coming. folks say i couldnt get n da 8s

I remember you! Glad to see you still at it.

gfrg88
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Ha, I remember you too!! Glad you've got an intercooler on there now.. would love to see pics and a list of everything...

Nio
10-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Nice! How much boost are you pushing?

If I remember right he was doing 25-28 pounds.

mykwikcoupe
10-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I have no clue what 1/8 mile times should be. what would these times equate to in a 1/4 mile distance?

gfrg88
10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I just looked it up on here (http://www.eldemoniorojo.com/calculator.htm) low 13s on that much boost?!?! :ugh:

no comment.....

obdriver6
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM
If I remember right he was doing 25-28 pounds.

Are you sure? thats a lot of pressure on a stock bottom end.

Nio
10-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Are you sure? thats a lot of pressure on a stock bottom end.

"old vid...25lbs stock bottom end. bad control arms and slippn clutch on street tires"

straight off his channel.

so yea, scary stuff. but I guess that shows that you can boost the hell out of it, and the 13s makes sense since hes running street tires and not slicks.

gfrg88
10-28-2011, 11:12 AM
I've ran 12s with a lot less boost on street Tires.. I'm shooting for similar times on street tires too.. with only 10-12 lbs..... what you tuned on?? I wanna see more specs on this.. what Turbo??

87roach
10-28-2011, 02:37 PM
.... what you tuned on?? I wanna see more specs on this.. what Turbo??

The video comment says stock ecu no tune, haha. Take that for what you will, I laughed pretty good. 25psi too? haha, yea O K.

gfrg88
10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
:wtf:

MessyHonda
10-29-2011, 06:40 AM
maybe 2.5 pounds?

custom
10-29-2011, 04:25 PM
some haten ppl towards the end...2.5 more like 25. i just wanted to prove to some ppl on here who clowned the hell out of me. but it is 25lbs. look at the boost gauge on the in car vid. it is a completly stock bottomend and ecu not tune. there are ways around things... but very ineffiecient. those passes was wit bad blowby. im looking for high 7s after i do another motor.. a lil trick i do is copper spray an torque the head down more than requred

gfrg88
10-29-2011, 06:13 PM
I never said you weren't running that much boost... All I simply stated was that (not hating) it was slow for that much boost... PROPS for running that much boost and doing some fab work shit.

Do some more "tuning" and shit, I can guarantee you'll see a HUGE bump in power ;)

gfrg88
10-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I really wanna see a mod list.. looks like traction is a big issue!!

89T
10-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Come on guy's! Give the guy a break.

custom
10-29-2011, 08:24 PM
ok my thing is... your going to make more power with a tune. but who else has a 86~89 accord untuned. stock bottomend in the 8s on the net? if so i wanna see. and i assume u know about boost pressure. 25lbs aint gone be the same comparing a 52 to a 66mm. i hav a decent size for my car thats gone spool and make power quick and aint gone lag. and not small enufff that 20plus aint just gone be heat putting back in the motor. ima post more vids them low numbers wit my same untuned piece of shit. lol

custom
10-29-2011, 08:36 PM
im puttn a small shot of nos on it also jus for cooling tho. like a 20shoot idk. ill have to look more stuff up. my slicks didnt fit at the track. i needed spacers. but i may only get one or two passes before she breaking a piston but it will maybe in the high 7s on factory internals.lmao

Hondamonster
10-29-2011, 08:53 PM
i think it's cool, don't get me wrong, but you're almost bragging about not having a tune... you've obviously got a lot of work and money into this... why would you not want to tune it? I mean, I appreciate there being ways around it, but tuning for that much boost would be sooooo much more beneficial than "getting around it."

gfrg88
10-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Exactly what I was gonna say.. Why be proud of not having a tune??? I'd much rather have a tune, with a lot less boost.. my 2 cents..

Hondamonster
10-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Exactly what I was gonna say.. Why be proud of not having a tune??? I'd much rather have a tune, with a lot less boost.. my 2 cents..

And see, we can give this positive input and try to help out or whatever, but somehow I guess that makes us haters?

stephensimmons
10-30-2011, 04:48 PM

And your right BUT you also have to see where he is coming from. Yes having it tuned would make it run like a scoulded dog but an the same time you have to know a little something to get it to run like it is! Know matter how you look at it it still is tuned. Just different from how you all would. There is nothing wrong with doing things different. That's what maket this site different because WE all have figured out a way to make it work! Think about it! Nothing on these cars or most of the stuff we use on these cars was made for them.

And see, we can give this positive input and try to help out or whatever, but somehow I guess that makes us haters?

Haters? No. But alot of use have the mind set that something should be done only one way or it isnot right. Who made that up anyway? Tuneing is tuneing know matter how it is done. He just figured a different way. And by the video it seems to be working.

-$MOKIN-
10-30-2011, 05:46 PM

In the video you can see u ran a 9.1 ,a big difference in a quarter mile time than a 8.5 .it would equal out to 14.22 . not a bad time ...lol Torque steer is a bich . Whats 3rd gear like ?

Sheeeewwwwey ...lol

gfrg88
10-30-2011, 07:31 PM
And your right BUT you also have to see where he is coming from. Yes having it tuned would make it run like a scoulded dog but an the same time you have to know a little something to get it to run like it is! Know matter how you look at it it still is tuned. Just different from how you all would. There is nothing wrong with doing things different. That's what maket this site different because WE all have figured out a way to make it work! Think about it! Nothing on these cars or most of the stuff we use on these cars was made for them.

Haters? No. But alot of use have the mind set that something should be done only one way or it isnot right. Who made that up anyway? Tuneing is tuneing know matter how it is done. He just figured a different way. And by the video it seems to be working.

I think you're getting the "tuning" term wrong here.... We're not talking about "tuning" as in modifying, we're talking about tuning as in tuning the ECU. You know get the right A/F ratio, timing, anti-lag, etc.. People from back in the day on here were running faster times with less boost.. I'm hoping to be in the 12s @ 5800' altitude... like I said, not hating. just my two cents...

obdriver6
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not hating, I just wanted to make sure it was 25 psi cause is just unheard of running that much boost on a stock bottom. If this true than the A-series can handle a lot more than people thought it could.

custom
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
i actually dont have alot of money tied into the car... really...i do have a turbo integra and im not gone do an ecu swap when i can get more out of my b18. some of u can call it what u want as far as me bragging. but we all unique in our on ways. i do my own work and a20 blocks are bout plentyful round here. 100 for a bare block??? please ill blow dis motor all day...lol which aint commom!

custom
10-31-2011, 01:20 PM
these motors are bad in a way to turbo bc of the lack of oiling. i killed several motors bc of it. i simply mad my pickup longer and oil pan deeper to hold 5 1/2 qts. and removed the shim from filter houseing and problem solved. i also had detnation problems fix that by changing fuels. i do hav a wideband. an abunch other crap. but its a budget buld really. it get laughed at for looks. lol

Rendon LX-i
10-31-2011, 01:48 PM
HEY ITS CUSTOM sup guy i know you know me since you pm on youtube all the time.

impressive BUT that is kinda slow for that much boost. 1/8 mile is way different then 1/4 mile. I ran 9.8 in a 1/8 on my t25 setup (TINNY).

What you can do is go obd1 and tune youll gain much more power youll have 2 step and more ability to have timing an map tweaks.

You have alot of boost but I was the only one with a ramhorn and a T70 garret Bb turbo and was fast as fuck i never tuned it. But i beat a 13 sec h22 eg. thats with a HACK tune as in (450 injectors,255 walbro intank,safc,mallorybtm)

BUT NO hating guy. Just got to do it right man. Obd1 gonna cost ya but will worth it. I never ran my car but i was well over 200. and you also have to remember that PSI terms dont mean shit. 12psi on a t25 is like 5 psi on my T70. trim levels make hp not psi. Like i said no bashing but its GOOD but not GREAT.

I wish i would of raced you in my Old setup. Ask some members here. Wasnt a joke LOL. TUNING IS KEY PLAYA. Get that pJO ecu out and get a real tune on crome,hondadata,ectune,neptune, exc.

custom
10-31-2011, 05:54 PM
rendon lxi... wow i like how u think i favor you.. good make everybody think dat. har harrr lol... i saw ur turbo set and wanted to run u point blank. put ur money where ur mouth is! dont talk what u cant back up. words mean nothing let me see a vid. im sorry this h22 missed a gear or he made a miss take and put his car in reverse instead of drive lol... i pm u bc i wanted to run player...

custom
10-31-2011, 06:05 PM
lets see gr8 rendon lxi??? i saw them slow vids. and wow.. thats good! she blew the tires in every gear...lmao mines only blow the tires to 3rd. and ummm.... how many trannys u broke from the torque u making? did u have to make solid mounts? i mean really... the way she was pulln in that vid ....lol id love to run that shit u got so u can fuk yo self! lol come to piedmont nc...show me a vid rendon wit a num and ill beat that. believe it!!!

Rendon LX-i
10-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Yo my playa lol. My shit long gone guy. Your just to cocky. I'm just saying that's ok not great. You get heated up way to fast guy. Look I don't care how fast your shit is or w/e. it runs 8s in a 1/8 clam down lol.

Didn't I put no hating? Lol. I did put vids up . If you think its wack well that's you. I'm gonna leave it as that. Cause once I'm down with my ls vtec boosted you can say hi while I'm passing ya. I wasn't hating I was stating some facts an you got your granny panties in a bunch.

gfrg88
11-01-2011, 07:09 AM
I'll race you spring time custom. Seriously. 3 races down the 1320. 2500 cash.

gfrg88
11-01-2011, 07:15 AM
I'll race you spring time custom. Seriously. 3 races down the 1320. 2500 cash.

gfrg88
11-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Also I'd prefer to race your integra since its faster than your really fast accord.

Hondamonster
11-01-2011, 09:07 AM

I meant "tune" as in get the thing running proper. I could go fire up the leaf blower and duct tape the snout to the top of my carb and I guess you'd call that "tuning." And I don't think anyone in here was hating on the guy. I simply said that because that's how he reacts to criticism. As evidenced below:

rendon lxi... wow i like how u think i favor you.. good make everybody think dat. har harrr lol... i saw ur turbo set and wanted to run u point blank. put ur money where ur mouth is! dont talk what u cant back up. words mean nothing let me see a vid. im sorry this h22 missed a gear or he made a miss take and put his car in reverse instead of drive lol... i pm u bc i wanted to run player...

lets see gr8 rendon lxi??? i saw them slow vids. and wow.. thats good! she blew the tires in every gear...lmao mines only blow the tires to 3rd. and ummm.... how many trannys u broke from the torque u making? did u have to make solid mounts? i mean really... the way she was pulln in that vid ....lol id love to run that shit u got so u can fuk yo self! lol come to piedmont nc...show me a vid rendon wit a num and ill beat that. believe it!!!

See, this guy is disrespectful, ignorant and stubborn. Quick to talk shit and slow to accept advice. And Rendon has been around forever. So it's a waste of time to give him any input about boost or trim or how he could properly tune the car with a $200 megasquirt, because he'd rather go through $100 blocks all day. His car is still the fastest fuckin thing on wheels, and if you think he's wrong, or think he could improve on his methods, you're a hater, and he'll race the fuck out of you. So more power to ya, custom.

gfrg88
11-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Or even an safc with BTM :dunno:

rustlude87
11-01-2011, 02:32 PM
This dude is the biggest troll eva!

2oodoor
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
that's it.. im going out to get a gas powered leaf blower and some duct tape I gotta see this. I need to get some bike cables to move the throttle of the blower and turn my distributor with yes YES! that was awesome HM

-$MOKIN-
11-01-2011, 03:30 PM
haha.....Rendons ol turbo was quick dude and also looks good. You got a pile of parts and a big ass hole to sit on.i watched all your videos. Haha to think thats what he was saying to him before is ludacris. Im going HAM up in here.

gfrg88
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I really want 5 grand!!! :D

Hondamonster
11-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I heard he'll be at racewars. Fool's runnin a honda two thousand

obdriver6
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
All rendon was trying to do is give you GOOD advice on ways you can improve your ride and you disrespect him like that WOW!

-$MOKIN-
11-02-2011, 04:14 PM
all rendon was trying to do is give you good advice on ways you can improve your ride and you disrespect him like that wow!

h a m

Rendon LX-i
11-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Let it be guys. I know how it is an Ive blown 100 dollar blocks also lmfao . That was not the case. I could of did 25 psi. But psi isn't what it is about. But no point in bumping heads if a fella not going to take it as critasicim . You can have all the parts an power but if your not tuned. Boom. Well his his case 100 dollar blocks lmfao. I was not hating in any case or matter. But w/e he can blow smoke. More Powa to custom. If it makes him feel like a OG talking shit then hit 25 psi in typing lmfao

obdriver6
11-04-2011, 10:51 PM
h a m

What does that mean?

-$MOKIN-
11-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Get stupid .HAM.Hard aS A MOTHER FKCR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgzGlBlYo-w

89T
11-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Sure is a great way to get-chu some respec son.

To think, I thought you grew up.

gfrg88
11-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Like I said, I really wanna see what his car would do with a real tune. I bet that think could be soooo fast!!

89T
11-05-2011, 02:09 PM
He is eithier knowlageable or very stupid.... he's gone through a bunch of $100 motors.
Id get tired of pulling them. I have ran what he claimed with a lxi sedan at altitude with only 12-14 psi.

obdriver6
11-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Get stupid .HAM.Hard aS A MOTHER FKCR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgzGlBlYo-w
OOOOHHHHH! ok Thanks.

2ndGenGuy
11-09-2011, 09:43 AM
HAM! LOL. Delicious ham.

Rendon LX-i
11-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Lmfao. Ham