PDA

View Full Version : Smash

bobwilliams89lxi
10-16-2002, 06:54 AM
I was at childrens hospital yesterday visting my friend who was in a motorcycle accident, and i park in the victoria street garage, so i come back to my car at like 830 andi got the please surpruze of some asshole that smashed the livin fuck out of my LXI. the right tail light is no longer existant, the small rectangular piece below the tail lightthat ahs the LXI badge on it is bent all to hell and there whe trunk meets the car body is smashed in a good 5 inches. Lemme know if i can do anything about it, i dont have insureance that will pay for it, and let me know if i can find any parts anywhere. This sucks ass i almost had the money to paintthe car, but now im gunna be set back:crying:

markmdz89hatch
10-16-2002, 07:44 AM
damn man, that blows....
...I'd check the local bone-yards to see if you can just take that whole clip. It's not gonna be cheap, and you'll have to find someone to weld the new clip in for you, but it really will be worth it in the long run to do it right.

Check the let's meet section and PM some of the PA guys to find out what junk-yards might be in your area.

Good luck!

Chubs87Accord
10-16-2002, 08:28 AM
either way... arent ya kinda happy you didnt paint the car yet?

markmdz89hatch
10-16-2002, 08:42 AM
good point chubs

Dave-hid
10-16-2002, 12:37 PM
the rectangular piece below the taillight is removable by taking out the plastic interior molding and unbolting it. it takes a 10 mm socket.

HostileJava
10-16-2002, 04:40 PM
That sux, sorry to hear about it.

bobwilliams89lxi
10-17-2002, 06:53 AM
I was hopeing the rectangular piece came out. The metal around the tail light is bent up pretty good, but it still looks right, so i think i will just try to find a tail light and the piece of Metal, money isnt a problem right now cause I have like a grand saved for paint, so i will just fix it right the first time, so i can get my Gee back out lookin great:sadwave:

87Hybrid
10-17-2002, 07:29 AM
Hou should post a add in your local paper in the notices department and try to find a witness that say the Jack ass hit your car and take them to court. The ads are cheap but could save you tonns of money in the repair of your car.

markmdz89hatch
10-17-2002, 08:03 AM
dave, has that ever actually worked for you? That's awesome if it did.

87Hybrid
10-17-2002, 10:31 AM
I havent had to do it but I have seen ads in the Oregonion before.

paintcan
10-17-2002, 10:44 AM
Too bad man. That really sucks! Come to Canada and i'll give you a rear clip. As far as the removeable metal rectangle under the light; you can pick up at Honda for aprox. $35Cnd. Good luck. Send me a PM if you want to pick up the rear clip.