PDA

View Full Version : pacesetter

CzEcHy
10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Alrighty, I'm looking to redo the exhaust on my car, I kinda have to replace the cat section to get to the oil pan and replace the gasket so while that was being done I figured an "upgrade" would be in order. The exhaust shops near me only do crush bent exhaust and when they quoted me they wanted over 500$ to do cat back 2 1/2 inch piping, bullshit I know. So I figured I could go with a full pacesetter system headers back, weld on my existing cannon type muffler, and go catless since I'm in FL. That way I could install it all myself with the exception of the welding which is only like 40$..

Just wondering the dia. Of the pacesetter exhaust, tho I'm pretty sure its 2 inch.

I already know that the paint will come off so I will paint the entire system myself with high temp paint.

And I know about the ball joint sucking, and I know the pacesetter muffler sucks.

Other that that, will this provide me a good bump? Any theoretical numbers?

I have a weber 38/38 which is going to be professionally tuned and jetted and dyno'd and possibly a slight engine rebuild with a new cam.

What type of gains would I see from just the tuned weber and full exhaust? (No cam/rebuild)

nswst8
10-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I have a New DC sports header for sell, interested?

CzEcHy
10-30-2011, 03:53 PM
If it was February right now I would be. Lol, waiting for income tax do do this project.

gfrg88
10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Get obx header instead ;)

exhaust is 2.25" iirc.

I'd keep looking around at other shops. if you go 2.5" crush bent isn't that bad, since it'll probably drop down to 2.25" in the bends... There's gotta be a cheaper places around.. I've had multiple 2.5" made at shops for less than 200 with decent mufflers.. Look around the ghetto areas :)

gfrg88
10-30-2011, 04:46 PM
obx cheaper too :)

Nio
10-30-2011, 08:37 PM
I've got obx at home waiting to be installed.

If your car is lowered you might not like it, heard they sit really low.

If you are interested do it with these guys or another website. *so far this is the only one I could find* since Ebay is very crappy IMO.

http://www.erzperformance.com/OBX_EXHAUST_HEADER_86_89_HONDA_ACCORD_2_0L_A20_CA5 _p/obxhonda-15.htm

Also 500$ is BS, I got my everything back from the cat for 120$ cash and it was done in 2 hours. They even put up with my car stalling on before going on the lift and while coming off the lift due to a battery issue with my relocation. and because of that I'll keep going back because they are really cool guys.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/My%2089%20Honda%20Accord/IMG288.jpg

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/My%2089%20Honda%20Accord/IMG285.jpg

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/My%2089%20Honda%20Accord/IMG287.jpg

CzEcHy
10-31-2011, 08:31 AM
So what's wrong with the pacesetter exhaust exactly? Not the headers, just the catback. I

POS carb
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
So what's wrong with the pacesetter exhaust exactly? Not the headers, just the catback. I

mostly the big yellow tip :lol:

I had one once and I took out the yellow with a wire wheel. It helped... The muffler is suprisingly quiet but after a few months of scraping the tip on the ground (driveways and such) it developed a rattle. Also, the black paint will start peeling off from day 1.
The pipe is nice, I reused it when I had a different muffler welded on. it's ok for the $. The bends are pretty accurate too. it's a 2.25" ID if memory serves me correctly

vteckiller
12-04-2011, 09:58 PM

i bought them from a site, im sure pacesetter is pacesetter no matter the site. and the welds were so weak. some looked like they had holes in them, there was weld spatter all over the place, burs, and the welds were so hot it turned the metal colors of black. the welds are not to be that hot.. and most of all the diagram that bolts up to the head was warped as well from extreme heat.. that means excessive force has to be applied to achieve the vacuum lock or what not..

CzEcHy
12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I just thought, what if I got someone to send me two 2.25 bends in mendrel bent? Then my shop could just weld/cut/lengthen/etc those to some 2.25 piping and voila.

The bends seem to be the same angles so I just need two idenetical pieces and I can get the rest done since its a shop just doing straight pipes and welding the pieces I give them.

Its just weird no one around here does mendrel bends, cheap places I guess..