PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust bolts

86-lxi
11-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Ok, this stupid storm sucked ass, no power for 3 days and a busted exhaust to go along with it. My down pipe, front pipe whatever you want to call it before the cat broke clean off right before the flange and I've looked everywhere online and at major autoparts stores and I can't find the freakin bolts for the cat.

Where the hell can I get new ones?

TIA

Dr_Snooz
11-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Have you tried eBay? That's going to be the only place really. Most junkyards cut out the cats for recycling. Well, it's more like they bash them out with a dull, rusty ax. If you can't find anything on eBay, then I would take it to a muffler shop and ask them if they can help. If you were to replace the cat, all that stuff would get cut out and the new cat would just be welded right in. Wish I had known that before I got mine changed.

Bluntman
11-04-2011, 06:37 PM
For the bolts try looking up fastener places in your area and you should be good. This is right by me, but you should have something in your area.http://www.hillcofasteners.com/default.aspx

86-lxi
11-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the replies, I just took it to STS and had them throw it on....they had to burn the bolts off they were so rusted. Well worth the $100 to not have to deal with it.:cheers: