PDA

View Full Version : help with clutch/flywheel combos

mykwikcoupe
11-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I have the B2k5 transmission JDM 5 speed. I bought an ACT heavy duty street disc and extreme pressure plate for the 88-89 prelude. I also bought B20prelude whatever that freaks name is supposed JDM flywheel. I assembled everything, torqued to manual specs. The pressure plate rubs on the inner transmission bell housing which tells me this DB sold me something different then what I paid for. Anyways it was clearanced and I ran the car. the clutch cable is at max tight and its a new honda branded clutch cable. The pedal is super stiff and it doesnt disengage until the max through of the pedal. Is this because I have probably a B20a5 flywheel on a B20a clutch kit? I know something is different from 88-89 and 90-91 and Im assuming it may be the depth of the flywheel? Im wondering if all this could be because of the flywheel? ACT says its supposed to have a stock feel but mine feels like a hydraulic system with no assist. If anyone can shed some light let me know. I want to get this car up and running correctly over the winter assuming I can stay employed this time.