PDA

View Full Version : B series(b16,b18,b20) mounts for Accord

accord7
11-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I am a newbie and will be building up a 1989 Accord soon. Anyways was wondering if anybody needs some b series mounts made up. My shop just completed my H2b (h22 engine with gsr transmission) in my 98 civic. Not the same thing but they can build those mounts easier than my H2b. It would have to be a group buy of atleast 10 sets. They can make shift linkage and axles too. Let me know if interested. He accepts Paypal too if you want to go that way.

2ndGenGuy
11-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Sounds Legit. :ugh:

accord7
11-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Was that sarcasm? I can show pics of work that he has done. Its a small shop so he wants to put his name out there. Any questions I can answer them or get the answer for you. Let me know if anyone wants prices on mounts, axles, shift linkage.

accord7
11-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Here is the shop's website

eastcountyperformance.com

RAZR
11-11-2011, 07:01 PM
http://www.eastcountyperformance.com/

CzEcHy
11-11-2011, 07:24 PM
We need a full swap kit for our cars lol.. mounts, wiring harness, axles and etc.. we supply the motor then connect the rest and drive away happy instead of spending weeks to collect everything and piece it all together..

accord7
11-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Ok thats doable. Let me know if you have atleast 10 people for a group buy. I will let you know on prices. These will be for the LXI or Sei for the intial group buy. As far as wiring harnesses are concerned.

CzEcHy
11-11-2011, 08:51 PM
To bad I'm carburated.. I just figured I'd throw out the idea for all the FI members.

ShyBoyCA6
11-11-2011, 08:59 PM
hmm interesting would be good to make other mounts for this car like H/F/D series. im not saying for me but we had other noobs wanting to put these motors in the car. shit if you make some mounts for a F20B(s2000) motor and make it possible to make a rwd for the accord instead of putting the motor in the back :).

accord7
11-11-2011, 09:23 PM
That might be possible but I don't think we would have anybody here with that kind of money to drop down on that one. But would be nice though!

ShyBoyCA6
11-11-2011, 09:31 PM
That might be possible but I don't think we would have anybody here with that kind of money to drop down on that one. But would be nice though!

yes that might be true but its better to have some options sometimes :). i would do it and then store it haha wouldn't want say like 12k invested car go to waste if something happened to it,parts for this wont be cheap lol

accord7
11-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Ok so I got prices for the mounts. If there is a group of 10 people it would 300 each. Polyurethane inserts with steel nothing fancy like billet or anything. And he would need a deposit of 100 each. He wants to do H22 kits but again we would need a group and these would be more because of the tight confines of the engine bay and amount of modificatins needed for the car. I don't understand why h22s fit ok in a crx but not so well in a 3g. Oh well anyways he is big fan of h22 engines. Let me know if there is bigger demand for h22 swaps. I might be convinced to do an h22 3g. So I my car would be the guinea pig!

bryan6732
11-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Interesting.. I won't be buying a kit but I'm pretty curious about the outcome of this whole thing..
Oh, and subscribed! ;)

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Pointless. There's already a mount kit, made by a known shop. And good luck even getting ONE person to do this. I have hook ups to MANY parts. By known shops. I.e. Turbo manifolds, by Pfab. But sadly there just isn't enough demand.. good luck with everything though!

accord7
11-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Ok I saw the Innovative mounts. I thought there wasn't anyone making any mounts anymore. My bad! But noone has an H22 mounts available yet. Maybe there will be more demand for that. Since JDM

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Like I said, it would be awesome. BUT hard to get a group buy of 10 people.. There's a group buy for shifter bushings, that are about $50, and I'm the only one on the list :dunno:

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Would kill to have an H2B set up on 3rd gen sedan for DD though :drool:

accord7
11-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Okay I would have to look at the shifter bushings. H2b accord would be nice. I will post some pics of my civic when the rain dies down. To be honest with you, not all that impressed with daily driving with h2b. You have to use 6 puck clutch and heavy pressure plate because we tried the organic clutch and would not hold. But if you are used to heavy duty clutches then its cool because of the close ratio gears. My setup doesn't use a transmission adapter. I have a couple extra bolt housings welded to my transmission to line up with h22 block. I am using b series flywheel too. No expensive adapters or flywheel spacers. Still you have to clearance the block on back end to make room for axle.

accord7
11-12-2011, 12:28 PM
If you have the b series mounts then all you need is custom driver's side mount. Also the H22 block will be tilted forward and up. So hood clearance may be an issue. Had to cutout webbing under my civic hood. So I can imagine the accord hood may be worse. The accord hood looks lower then my civic. Just a thought B20 Vtec may be better with gsr or ITR transmission. But then again you can pickup an H22a Motor for 600-800 jdm. B20 with vtec head will cost alot more but will have similar power but less mods. Its a give and take.

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 12:28 PM
We love pics!!!! :D

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
If I do a swap, it'll be a J swap :)

accord7
11-12-2011, 12:35 PM
J swap is much better. The V6 is alot smoother plus you get 6speed from CL or newer accord. Has anyone done one yet? My mounts vibrate my car. The v6 would be alot better at cancelling some vibration I'm guessing.

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Not that I know of. But I had a TL with some nasty power!

We just swapped my buddy's 2g TL to 6speed. Nitrous. 359 whp, 443 wtq. That pig of a car runs low 13s at 5500' with no traction 1st-2nd, spins half 3rd :)

J=torque queen :)

accord7
11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Man that tl sounds like fun. Bet you guys kill alot of muscle cars with that. I noticed on your sig that you are building a Nissan Hardbody. My mechanic just got a rb25det motor and will be putting that in a 92 hardbody. Are you building something similar? They are building a fun parts chaser. I am just drooling at the possibilities with that motor. I was thinking 240z old school when I saw that motor at their shop.

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 01:42 PM
I was. I did all body work first. Repainted it, slammed it, c-notched it. I sold it before I could do anything else to it. My buddy bought it. He bought it with the all the parts I had for it.. which included an LT1 with some nitrous :D

The TL, only domestics we've killed is a base model cobalt on 10lbs of boost. SLAUGHTERED it lol.. He's actually only been barely beat by a teggy making over 450whp. :)

accord7
11-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Here is pics of my H2b Civic that Eastcountyperformance did
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/Big29fan/IMG_1599.jpg
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/Big29fan/IMG_1598.jpg
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/Big29fan/IMG_1597.jpg
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/Big29fan/IMG_1596.jpg

accord7
11-13-2011, 01:35 PM
The first pic shows one of bolt housing and bolt that mates to one side of transmission to motor. The other two pics are of the two mounts. But rear mount I couldnt reach to take pic.

bryan6732
11-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Those mounts look good, as well as the whole swap actually! :)

If I do a swap, it'll be a J swap :)

I'd be more than happy with a C-series 3G already, at least for now! ;)

accord7
11-13-2011, 02:33 PM
The swap is pretty good. But would be better in a 3g. I don't know why I did the Civic first. Civics are a dime a dozen. Gotta do a 3g next. Shouldn't have let my first 3g go.

stat1K
11-13-2011, 02:55 PM
nobody has money here to do the b much less any other motors lol. and if you do it's because you have the know how to do it yourself. there will be no group buy here, damn sure there won't be one from a member with 15 posts. last time we had one with a member he had more than 5k posts and look what happened.

side note, not sure if it was mentioned as i didn't read all the rubbish in the posts ahead of this one but we have b-series mounts from innovative.

accord7
11-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Yes if you read the thread I saw the innovative mounts. I made a mistake thinking there was no one that made them anymore. Wish I could of deleted the post but I couldn't. Next time you bash on someone make sure you read first! You don't want to mess with a 300 pound islander bro!!!

stat1K
11-13-2011, 06:48 PM
lol someones mad huh? maybe lose some weight aye?

accord7
11-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Haha!! Not mad prolly gotta lose weight, so! If you gotta problem with me your only 6 hrs drive away! I'll surprise you bro! Yeah I'm big and ..... I hate f'in people that think their all bad because they been on the site for so long and know it all. All I'm saying is people make mistakes. Just trying to help some people out that have the same interests. If that's all you got is insults then cool not mad. If you want to drive down here and prove something to me I am right here!!

lostforawhile
11-13-2011, 08:11 PM
if this is a legitimate item or swap kit then please stop fighting!! every time someone shows an interest in our cars it turns into the springer show. :banghead:

lostforawhile
11-13-2011, 08:18 PM
nobody has money here to do the b much less any other motors lol. and if you do it's because you have the know how to do it yourself. there will be no group buy here, damn sure there won't be one from a member with 15 posts. last time we had one with a member he had more than 5k posts and look what happened.

side note, not sure if it was mentioned as i didn't read all the rubbish in the posts ahead of this one but we have b-series mounts from innovative.

I think that decision will be up to the people here, I don't appreciate you speaking for the entire forum by saying there won't be a buy, if it's legitimate this might be a good product, only time will tell, but if he's someone really interested in making parts for our cars, I don't appreciate you running him off

stat1K
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I think that decision will be up to the people here, I don't appreciate you speaking for the entire forum by saying there won't be a buy, if it's legitimate this might be a good product, only time will tell, but if he's someone really interested in making parts for our cars, I don't appreciate you running him off

rofl, suck a dick tim, i wasn't "speaking" for anyone, were you a participant in the last buy? did you lose money? do you ever have money to pay for a group buy? if not, then i'm not talking to you or for you. so get your old man grampa panties out of that bunch.

Haha!! Not mad prolly gotta lose weight, so! If you gotta problem with me your only 6 hrs drive away! I'll surprise you bro! Yeah I'm big and ..... I hate f'in people that think their all bad because they been on the site for so long and know it all. All I'm saying is people make mistakes. Just trying to help some people out that have the same interests. If that's all you got is insults then cool not mad. If you want to drive down here and prove something to me I am right here!!

nice, i like receiving threats from other members on a website you sure know how to shore up the confidence in your professionalism... no one here is talking shit because of their time in, i said merely it was unlikely for others to buy something from someone with 15 posts. not really an active participant in the community, usually that will raise some eyebrows.

accord7
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
No problems here. I am merely stating the fact that I don't have a problem with you insulting me. I was trying to be professional saying that I had made a mistake if nobody wants the product. Just putting it out there that I may have a shop that can build a whole kit. No threats just saying I didn't like how you were saying that being a newbie with no posts that I have no credibility. I did say that I was a Newbie and that if you wanted more information that you can contact the shop that I recommend. They did my Civic swap and was happy with the results. This shop is trying to make a name for themselves and are willing to make what people might want. That is all!!! Not trying to sell anything here myself. With that said I hope we can squash this.

ShyBoyCA6
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
lol 3geez rag is back :D

lostforawhile
11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
No problems here. I am merely stating the fact that I don't have a problem with you insulting me. I was trying to be professional saying that I had made a mistake if nobody wants the product. Just putting it out there that I may have a shop that can build a whole kit. No threats just saying I didn't like how you were saying that being a newbie with no posts that I have no credibility. I did say that I was a Newbie and that if you wanted more information that you can contact the shop that I recommend. They did my Civic swap and was happy with the results. This shop is trying to make a name for themselves and are willing to make what people might want. That is all!!! Not trying to sell anything here myself. With that said I hope we can squash this.

we need other parts too such as quality strut tower bars, that might be something you might mention to them,

accord7
11-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Ok I will let you know. Do you want aluminum or steel? Billet cnc'd might be out of the question. But if someone wants one I'm sure he can build it. Also for stock engine or B series or both?

hammer3rd
11-13-2011, 09:19 PM
LOL has anyone ever heard stat1k say anything nice,polite or otherwise good to,for or about anyone. Come on guys we were all newbies at one time, Hell I amd still close but this is about tha last if not the last resorce for these cars. Lighten up guys. Cant we all just get along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShyBoyCA6
11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
im a newbie and still love them newbie haters :thumbup:

lostforawhile
11-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok I will let you know. Do you want aluminum or steel? Billet cnc'd might be out of the question. But if someone wants one I'm sure he can build it. Also for stock engine or B series or both?
probably both , I believe the bars fit on both the stock and the b series engines the same way, someone on here used to make them, and he quit doing it years ago, I'm not sure a stock bar would even fit my setup, but I could use the mounting plates to make my own

accord7
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Ok the ends will easier to ship. Next door to the shop is metal fab shop. They specialize in TIG welding. He did some nice stuff for me. I will make one up for the hell of it. Then if anyone wants one after the first set is built the we will go from there.

lostforawhile
11-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Ok the ends will easier to ship. Next door to the shop is metal fab shop. They specialize in TIG welding. He did some nice stuff for me. I will make one up for the hell of it. Then if anyone wants one after the first set is built the we will go from there.i have an oddball setup with two carbs and a fuel rail, I can make a bar itself pretty easy but the ends are a pain.

accord7
11-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Ok I will get on it this week. Gives me small job to work on this week. I might buy a TIG welder in the near future. But for now I will have my buddy's shop do it while I watch. I would imagine that you have to play around with bar thickness to see what gives you the best handling.

2ndGenGuy
11-13-2011, 11:46 PM
This thread is locked. Get us some prototype photos that show that you're serious, and some sort of guarantee that we won't get ripped off, like maybe an escrow account. Then PM one of the mods and we'll talk about possibly, maybe posting a group buy.