PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna take a stab?

firefighterwhite89
11-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Anytime it's colder than 60*F, My CEL comes on. 65*F or above, and it never EVER comes on. 61*F-64*F is a 50/50 chance. Could it be that i blocked off my EGR valve, thus, it can't use exhaust heat to warm the engine? Just curious...

CzEcHy
11-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Does it go away afterdriving or warming up the car?

gfrg88
11-12-2011, 10:35 AM
well, what code is it throwing?

Oldblueaccord
11-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Mines off no code. I just cut the pipe off so the sensor is still on the manifold. See what the code is and post back.

wp

firefighterwhite89
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Mines off no code. I just cut the pipe off so the sensor is still on the manifold. See what the code is and post back.

wp

Still haven't checked for the code. Pretty sure I know what's throwing the code. Realized there's a fairly bad vacuum leak in my brake booster diaphragm. 15 in. Vacuum in the intake manifold? Too low. I have a picture of my gauge reading 19inches at idle. Lol. Wow. I'm a dumbass. Think that's what's thrown the code? My EGR valve is still on my intake. The pipe has been removed and the hole plugged. Why would it start throwing codes after 2 years? Lol. $152.97 for a new brake booster from O'Reilly Auto Parts. Including new diaphragm.

°____°

firefighterwhite89
11-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Still haven't checked for the code. Pretty sure I know what's throwing the code. Realized there's a fairly bad vacuum leak in my brake booster diaphragm. 15 in. Vacuum in the intake manifold? Too low. I have a picture of my gauge reading 19inches at idle. Lol. Wow. I'm a dumbass. Think that's what's thrown the code? My EGR valve is still on my intake. The pipe has been removed and the hole plugged. Why would it start throwing codes after 2 years? Lol. $152.97 for a new brake booster from O'Reilly Auto Parts. Including new diaphragm.

°____°

Got one better. 1994 Honda Civic brake booster diaphragm+my car=problem solved. Vacuum leak fixed. My car idles so much better now and has more power all around. Ftw! Can't believe I didn't realize or hear that leak before.