PDA

View Full Version : JDM B18c1 Hydro trans and engine

ShyBoyCA6
11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
well as you can see i put the project on hold cause i still wasn't sure about having 2 A20a3 motors so i decided to part take on the B series side with Legend master, 86lxi88, Rendon and Messyhonda since messy told me just to go B series so im gonna consider the idea.

im a lil stumped on the transmission part since our cars have a Cable trans. well my question is has anyone succeeded in doing the Hydro trans or it doesn't matter? i found a complete swap for 3k but don't want the trans if it wont work with my clutch being cable. so would i have to get a 93 B18 trans thats cable?

A18A
11-12-2011, 11:46 PM
some place around sells adapters to convert your clutch from cable to hydro. it should work with a 3g. if you wanna use a hydro clutch gearbox
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/imcnblu/Jakes%20Pics/cabletohydro.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
11-13-2011, 12:06 AM
thanks A18A just gotta look for it now.
well i found it. now the thing is how to get it to work since i know nothing about this.

A18A
11-13-2011, 12:52 AM
it looks like it bolts straight to a hydro gearbox in place of the slave cylinder

elpuma
11-13-2011, 02:34 AM
jaja i'm going b series as well

gfrg88
11-13-2011, 06:45 AM
There's more then that with swaps ;)

accord7
11-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Hydro to cable adapter works well and yes takes place of slave cylinder. But I would convert to hydro with master if possible. Lighter on the pedal when you put high performance clutch. Just my .02

mykwikcoupe
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
I have the hasport hydro transmission to cable car conversion. it works, and works well but I would find a cable transmission and use it with with the gsr engine. there are plenty good cable transmissions with better gears. my gsr is about 4k rpm at 65 roughly. I would go for an ls cable transmission.

ShyBoyCA6
11-13-2011, 11:26 PM
is LSD the same thing as hydro? i found it a bit cheaper with everything complete.

never owned any other car just driven ha ha

POS carb
11-14-2011, 11:22 AM
is LSD the same thing as hydro? i found it a bit cheaper with everything complete.

LSD = Limited Slip Differential.

MessyHonda
11-15-2011, 02:23 AM
well as you can see i put the project on hold cause i still wasn't sure about having 2 A20a3 motors so i decided to part take on the B series side with Legend master, 86lxi88, Rendon and Messyhonda since messy told me just to go B series so im gonna consider the idea.

im a lil stumped on the transmission part since our cars have a Cable trans. well my question is has anyone succeeded in doing the Hydro trans or it doesn't matter? i found a complete swap for 3k but don't want the trans if it wont work with my clutch being cable. so would i have to get a 93 B18 trans thats cable?
If you get the inovative mounts you can only use a cable transmission because they have different mounts. if you wanted to use a hydro trans you would have to make a custom bracket for it. best geared tranny would be the YS1 from the 92-93 integra.

Hydro to cable adapter works well and yes takes place of slave cylinder. But I would convert to hydro with master if possible. Lighter on the pedal when you put high performance clutch. Just my .02

ding ding ding. I used a hydro clutch on my set up and its a bitch to drive. i just switched it out with a stage 1 exedy clutch and its back to normal.

I have the hasport hydro transmission to cable car conversion. it works, and works well but I would find a cable transmission and use it with with the gsr engine. there are plenty good cable transmissions with better gears. my gsr is about 4k rpm at 65 roughly. I would go for an ls cable transmission.
the gsr tranny is not that short. i think you have a b16 trans
99-00 b16 si trans @3k is 56 mph
92-93 ls cable trans @3k rpm is 66mph
92-93 gsr cable trans @3k rpm is 54mph
(i made a hybrid so 92 gsr cable trans with hydro ls 5th gear)
@3k rpm 66mph @3.5k 77mph

just a lsd trans is around 900-1200. not worth it unless your turbo or high compression build

ShyBoyCA6
11-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Sweet information here! Messyhonda thanks for the great input! Now I know what to look for and how is that hybrid tans working out for ya? Also did you use the 92-93 teg shift linkage in order to be a direct fit or fab the old linkage? Ill be pulling the motor out tomorrow to get this project underway. Hopefully to get some help as I go from ya fellas :).

Maybach310
12-12-2011, 01:25 AM
just get all the gears swaped into a ys1 casing thats what i did in my 3g