PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Order from Parts Geek

DBMaster
11-13-2011, 07:44 AM
This is just my recommendation. I have ordered parts from at least a dozen online parts sellers and have never had this kind of trouble. They shipped my wheel bearing right away - it was a Koyo brand. After installing it I found that it had lateral play in it and I had to buy a different one. I obtained an RMA from Parts Geek and returned the part. They do not refund outbound shipping and do not provide return labels. So, I am already out about $15 for the round-trip shipping. They received the part back from me a month ago and every week the customer service people email me apologizing and stating that I will receive my credit "this Friday," or "this week." I have gone through this game three times and still no credit.

Their parts may be fine, but their service sucks the big one.

bryan6732
11-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Man that sucks! There'll always be companies that don't understand they can't exist without customers, although most companies have a great customer service.
I Hope you'll get your money back soon!

Oh by the way, isn't it normal that the outbound shipping is at your own cost?

DBMaster
11-14-2011, 06:27 AM
You are correct, Bryan. Some places will refund your original shipping cost if the part is defective, but I think most do not, as you said. The majority of parts suppliers I have used will send you a shipping label if you are returning a defective part. The stupid bearing only cost about $32.00 originally.

The main problem I have with them is the repeated pledges to process the refund with no action. It would be one thing if they just said, "It takes XX days," but they literally keep saying, "Sorry about the delays. We will process your credit this Friday." I have had three emails over three weeks stating this. It's not a form response because it is worded a little differently each time.

I don't care so much about the money. It's a principal issue since I followed their procedures and did everything asked of me.