PDA

View Full Version : broken side view mirror!!

BrokenBone
11-15-2011, 03:19 PM
The housing is just fine but the mirror is cracked badly. What are my choices here? The housing is the one that folds in.

RAZR
11-15-2011, 03:46 PM
The mirrors arnt that expensive just get a new/used on and put it on.
my brothers car had the mirror broken and we tryed to just get a glass cutout but the glass shop wouldnt cut it for a mirror for legal purposes

marklj
11-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Seen some at Autozone. I think they are actually acrylic.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1988-Honda-Accord/Mirror-Replacement-Glass/_/N-ii132Z8iios?filterByKeyWord=mirror+replacement&fromString=search

BrokenBone
11-15-2011, 05:40 PM
The mirrors arnt that expensive just get a new/used on and put it on.
my brothers car had the mirror broken and we tryed to just get a glass cutout but the glass shop wouldnt cut it for a mirror for legal purposes

How do i remove the glass without damaging the housing? I know there are some screws under the housing but im not sure if they serve for folding reasons or if they hold the housing

charliekuney
11-15-2011, 09:16 PM
I believe the screws on the bottom separate the folding part from the part that mounts to the car, but seeing as you have an LX-i, you have power mirrors, and I think that means all of the electrical crap will still be connected. Just get a new mirror from a junkyard for like $10 or get something pre-cut or cut something yourself. That's about it. The first option is probably the cheapest, but the whole door panel has to come off to remove the mirror from the door...