PDA

View Full Version : no power to fuel pump

badzook2
10-16-2002, 11:00 AM
I have an 87 lxi efi and i dont any power going to my fuel pump and i checked all my fuses and there all good except for one of them thats up under the hood thats label injector, but would stop my fuel pump from working?

pss i help fast its my daily driver:pissed: :pissed: :confused: :confused: :pissed:

dj99
10-16-2002, 11:05 AM
There's a large grey box plugin on the back of your under-dash fuse box that is your fuel cut-off relay.

badzook2
10-16-2002, 12:45 PM
:werd: :werd:
so that would be why that fuse keeps on blowing(label injector) in the front fuse box?
would i be able to pick up one of those from a auto parts store?:bow: :bow: :omg:

dj99
10-16-2002, 12:56 PM
Oh Sheet! EFI doesn't have a cut-off relay! Sorry Badzook!

On the other hand, on EFI it's called the main relay and that's a very common problem. it is located high up on the left kick panel, and because it's hard to get in and out, most folks just pull the plug and tie the new relay up elsewhere.

Yes, you should be able to get it at the parts store or the dealer for sure.

badzook2
10-16-2002, 02:39 PM
:help:
so would that stop the fuse from blowing?

dj99
10-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Can't say for sure. Sorry.

Maybe someone else has had the same problem?

smufguy
10-16-2002, 06:24 PM
if ur fuelpump does not work, and ur fuse is fine. its ur main relay. Take ur dash off and test the relay. good luck finding one isn ur local junkyard if ur relay is bad. if the relay is fine, check to see if ur getting power to ur relay.