PDA

View Full Version : 1st gear doesnt shift until about 6-7 grand

Onecot.Industries
11-18-2011, 05:18 PM
need help ..............

the warmer the car is the lower it shifts but is still at like 5,500. i have another tranny and need a diagram oh where the shift selonoids are. i think that will fix it and going to do a tranny flush my self as well.

if this has happened to any one else please help ....

Hauntd ca3
11-19-2011, 11:51 AM
trans is fucked. time for a new one

Dr_Snooz
11-19-2011, 03:03 PM
^^^^ What he said. You can try playing with the TV cable and doing a flush, but I suspect it will do little to no good. The shift solenoids are mechanical and are buried at the bottom of the transmission. You will get to them after everything else is torn down. By that point, you may as well do a full overhaul, or just swap in a replacement trans.

Good luck.

2oodoor
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
tv cable, you say it does shift eventually so that means something is working because it isnt slipping
that cable has to move the tv lever on the transmission along with the movement of the throttle

Onecot.Industries
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
thanks for all the help is there a place that i could get a diagram on where the shift selnoids are? and where would be the best place to get a overhaul kit and i am quite mechanical inclined as well. how hard would it be to do a complete over haul?

mykwikcoupe
11-22-2011, 12:27 PM
My old sedan wouldnt shift unless i let off the gas when the fluid got old. I would flush the fluid and it would act normal for another 10k miles. Flush 1st and try the cheaper route 1st.

POS carb
11-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Download the service manual here http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Honda_service_manuals
go to the automatic transmission section (15). as you will see, the transmission needs to be removed and disassembled to access the valves. might as well rebuild it/buy another/swap for 5 speed
imageshack is acting up so I can't post the pic

Onecot.Industries
11-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the help and advice guys. Gonna try a few things that have been mentioned and ill let you know how it goes.