PDA

View Full Version : 0 flashes on the lil LED

kretty
11-19-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm completely new to this car. I'm coming from the cobalt world and use this car as my winter car. I have an 87 accord LX-i. I am having a ton of problems. I figured I'd start with checking for codes. I saw a video from a member here on YouTube and I saw his flashed once and someone said that was a way of verifying that the ecu is responding. I dont get any flashes. What am I supposed to see under ideal conditions where everything works properly? I don't get a CEL or in this case a PGM-FI light until I'm under power for about 10 minutes or until I get on the highway. I'll go over other problems later, but I'd like to start here. You guys are very informative. One more question... Where is the ECU located on my 87 LX-i? Again, thankyou in advance.

VIPER1988
11-19-2011, 10:24 AM
ecu is under driver seat. going to need details to help diagnose anything. next time pgm-fi light comes on check the flashing light on ecu before turning the car off. it starts flashing the code as soon as the pgm-fi light comes on.

kretty
11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
12 flashes. So, its an egr code.

Just pull the egr valve off and clean it? Seafoam it? When I got the car it hadn't seen an oil change for 15k miles. This car is in rough shape.