PDA

View Full Version : Problems when turning to the right

2ndGenPreludeSi
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey, when my car is turning right from a stop, it hesitates. If I'm turning left or going straight it runs fine. The car only does it while it's cold. And as soon as I turn the wheel staright it stops hesitating and drives fine. It only does it at low speeds. It doesn't hesitate once it gets going.

I took off the power steering belt and it still does the same thing, thank god. Cause I enjoy power steering, haha. But I have no idea whats going on. It's just kinda sketchy pulling out in front of traffic while it's doing this, haha. So i'm just tryin' to get this figured out.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

POS carb
11-22-2011, 04:10 PM
its called Nascaritis. Your car thinks it's from the south.
It sounds like you may have an issue with the float(s) if it is carbed.
if it is efi I would suspect a wire with the insulation stripped is shorting out on right turns. Another possibility: There may be an issue with the fuel pump not sitting in the tank sump correctly but if this was the problem then it wouldn't act up on a full tank.
Hope this helps

2ndGenPreludeSi
11-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh yeah sorry, it's actually a fuel injected prelude. On my car the pump is outside of the tank. It doesn't matter how much gas is in the tank, so i have no idea, haha.

I'm starting to think that I have more then one problem. You would think that if it was a shorting wire or a stretching vacuum line that it would do it all of the time. Not just when it was cold. But I don't know much about cars, all I know is that something is definately not right. It sucks when you dread driving your car, haha

I'm up for anyones crazy ideas, or thoughts

2ndGenPreludeSi
11-29-2011, 12:32 AM
I learned something I thought you guys might wanna know.

Theres no preludes in my small town junkyard, so I took a tw sensor out of an accord with the a20. And it threw a cel. Haha. I realized afterwards that they say something different on them. The prelude one says tw1 on one side and 8G on the other. While the accord sensor says tw1, and 111F.

The car ran exactly the same, just with the check engine light on after a while. Haha, which I thought was weird. One time I accidentally left my O2 sensor unplugged for a week, and the car ran like shit, but never threw a check engine light. There was another time that my car would run like shit and through the tw code as soon as I started the car, and it ended up being a broken wire right off the plug.

Does anyone know why it wouldn't through a light with th O2 sensor plugged in?

Sorry for the random post/question