PDA

View Full Version : Question about air fuel ratio gauges

POS carb
11-21-2011, 11:16 AM
I want to jet my carb.
I can get a wideband heated bosch pretty cheap.
Will this work with a cheapo a/f gauge (like a sunpro) or do i need a special gauge for a wideband sensor?

lostforawhile
11-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I want to jet my carb.
I can get a wideband heated bosch pretty cheap.
Will this work with a cheapo a/f gauge (like a sunpro) or do i need a special gauge for a wideband sensor?it will probably work but the cheapo gauge won't tell you as much as a good gauge, if you can get the sensor cheap, I see a/f gauges for sale all the time without them, I think Snooze got a cheap one and he said all it does is flash, and is pretty useless

gfrg88
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Don't waste money on cheapo AF gauges.. get wideband off eBay. I only paid 148 shipped for my aem one..

lostforawhile
11-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Don't waste money on cheapo AF gauges.. get wideband off eBay. I only paid 148 shipped for my aem one..
I've seen them way cheaper then that with the sensor missing, it sounds like he can get a bosch wideband o2 sensor cheap, should save him a bunch of money

cygnus x-1
11-22-2011, 08:01 AM
You need to get a gauge that works with wide band sensors. The cheap ones are designed to work with narrow band sensors, and are pretty useless. In addition to the gauge you also need a wide band sensor AND the controller. The sensor will not work without the controller. Some units have the controller built into the gauge and some are separate, but either will work.

I haven't looked at prices recently but I think you will be hard pressed to find a complete setup any cheaper than $150.

C|

Dr_Snooz
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
it will probably work but the cheapo gauge won't tell you as much as a good gauge, if you can get the sensor cheap, I see a/f gauges for sale all the time without them, I think Snooze got a cheap one and he said all it does is flash, and is pretty useless

Yes, my narrow-band sensor is fairly well useless. I'm getting to where I can kinda figure out what the flashing means, but it's not in any way consistent.