PDA

View Full Version : Heat Problem....

Christofur
11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm having an issues with my heater. blowing cold air..
I have replaced the thermostat. checked the valve. and the heater core is flowing. i did bleed the system as well

but then thing that im confused on is that all the hoses that are going to the valve and heater are stone cold.?!
when i unplugged the hose that goes to the top of the valve nothing came out of the valve same thing when i unplugged the bottom hose. i checked the top hose to see if it was flowing and some anti freeze did come out once i released the clamp.

i dont think the hoses are hooked up wrong but here's a picture.

http://christofurmay.me/IMG/3geez/asdasd.jpg

Ichiban
11-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I've had my heater core actually plug solid on the inside before. Full of calcium rust lime lemons all that shit.

Disconnect and cap both hoses and see if you can flush water through. Shouldn't really matter what way its hooked up as long as hot coolant gets through.

AccordB20A
11-26-2011, 02:37 PM
yeah and the heatetr core only has to be a little bit blocked for it to not work, but by the sounds of it you have one of the heater pipes off the engine thats blocked up with shit.

Pull the rubber pipes off the motor and make sure they both work

Christofur
12-09-2011, 11:06 PM
the lines were hooked up wrong..

i took the hose from the heater core to the thermal stat housing and switched it with the one right below it. and my heat works now. buuttt. my car runs super cold..

Dr_Snooz
12-10-2011, 08:48 PM
As a rule, Honda never crosses lines in an engine bay. If you have a shop manual, it show you how they are all run.