PDA

View Full Version : Lude tranny w/ JDM B20A?

toastyghost
10-16-2002, 01:42 PM
In the course of re-reading Mike's B20A page, I decided to compare the JDM B2K5 tranny's gear ratios to those of the 2nd gen Lude tranny that has successfully been swapped into a USDM 3g. The lude definitely has higher ratios than the JDM Accord, but would it be possible to fit a lude tranny to the JDM B20A similarly to how it was done w/ A20A? (This question has been carefully worded to preempt "anything possible w/ cash" type answers :)) If it would be about the same difficulty to do, it would be worth it to me to not have to hunt down a JDM t/o bearing and gasket set. Let me know your thoughts on this, especially those of you w/ B20A swaps!

anchovies
10-16-2002, 01:52 PM
anything's possible with enough $$$ :D :D

RCracer
10-16-2002, 01:54 PM
The gearbox.. sorry tranny (5 speed) that is used on the B20a in the UK is the F2K5. Well thats what my B20a had on it when I bought it.

toastyghost
10-16-2002, 02:03 PM
The jap one is called b2k5... is the f2k5 originally on the lude b20a?

oh yeah ps anchovies :flip: thanks :flip: for :flip: the :flip: advice :flip:

RCracer
10-16-2002, 02:11 PM
The F2k5 comes from a UK spec 3rd gen Accord (b20a engined)
According to the person I bought a blown JDM B20a from (It had thrown a rod). It came out of a prelude and he had sold the tranny to someone with a prelude so ????

toastyghost
10-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Shit one last thing that hybrid teg thing is the tranny that rapes the ass... any chance I can flip-flop something and get those ratios with a B20A? I would piss myself if one of the uber tech people would straight up say "yes it's easy". It'll be easy for me to pay your ass to do it hehehe...

toastyghost
10-16-2002, 02:19 PM
You mean the f2k5 is the one from the Accord A20A or B20A?

YK86
10-16-2002, 06:57 PM
I don't have anything concrete but I would think the B2K5 is for the Accord B20A and the F2K5 is for the B20A from the 2nd gen Prelude (probably has different/better gear ratios). As for a T/O bearing, you can use one from a 90-93 Teg. The B20A5 Prelude tranny is hydraulic clutch and cable shift so that alone is a reason not to use it.

merlindavis
10-16-2002, 10:02 PM
what's wrong with a hydraulic clutch and cable shift?

YK86
10-16-2002, 11:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with it. But us Accord guys have cable clutch and use a shift rod (instead of cables) so we would have to convert assuming the B20A5 tranny bolts on.

merlindavis
10-17-2002, 12:17 AM
ouch... sucks... oh well, i like my hydraulic clutch and cable shift, even if my cables like to kill my heater hoses...

toastyghost
10-17-2002, 01:11 PM
Yasu you are the man. I think I read somewhere that the Teg t/o would work and forgot... Also the B20A5 is the newer Prelude VTEC isn't it? I'm talking about the older lude. Is that tranny hydro too!? FACK >_<

toastyghost
10-17-2002, 01:18 PM
What about swapping Teg gears into the B2K5 gearbox? I have a text file with all the ratios and final drive of the tranny prospects, I'll try to remember to post them but I'm on a different computer now. Anyway according to the numbers, TEG ARE THE TORQUE THAT KICKS THE ASS

I promise I will not watch another Kevin Smith movie as long as I live...

YK86
10-17-2002, 03:39 PM
I mentioned the teg T/O bearing in my "Project B20A" thread. Also, the 3rd gen Prelude tranny is the one I'm talking about with hydro clutch and cable shift.

toastyghost
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Yeah it was definitely your thread... I haven't read the stuff near the top for a while. Thanks for reminding me of my stupidity though :D Could you also tell me what you think of this? 2nd gen lude tranny (assuming it bolts up, sounds like it does according to Paul's post about his B20A w/ F2K5) w/ 1st gen teg gears...

I may have found some useful information about this although I unfortunately do not know the francais very well... http://montrealpreludeclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2304 I know there's a lot of Canadians on this board, do any of you guys understand what the hell conclusion they're coming to about the lude tranny? I kinda get it at the beginning but it becomes less and less clear toward the end... I'm not sure if there are any useful revelations in it.

YK86
10-17-2002, 11:11 PM
The tranny AerodeckUK is using is from the 2nd gen Prelude with B20A which will bolt on just fine just like the trannies used by the Prelude A20 will fit the Accord A20 over here. The problem is still going to be finding one. As for Teg gears, I don't know the answer to that at all. I'm not too concerned about ratios but if you do source a B20A 5 speed and get it rebuilt, a good tranny shop might be able to find you something that would work if they are helpful. The thing on Montreal Prelude club will have to be translated by Carot. I took French but my level of understanding would fit the "useless" catagory LOL.

toastyghost
10-18-2002, 05:24 AM
Well the F2K5 I think has better torque than the B2K5... or at least roughly equivalent. FDR is higher on the lude, I know that. The teg gears would be a nice touch but really your motor makes a lot of power or it doesn't. And I feel your pain about the French thing.. you can probably get about as much out of it as I could decipher from cognates to languages I actually know. :P

carotman
10-18-2002, 05:43 AM
Hehe, that montrealprelude post is somewhat Old.

I can uderstand why you can't translate that, it's slan french from the beggining to the end :D

Anyway, that post was useless. I was basicaly asking them if they had any 2nd gen ludes with a B20A. I was looking for a tranny.

All the guys there told me that the B20A was from the 3rd gen lude....... I had to show them the path of light hehe

There is no valuable info there..... again....

One guy even told me that the 3rg gen Accords had 1.6 liter engines and that the 2g lude came stock with a DOHC engine in Canada....

After I posted the CORRECT info... no one had a clue... this explains why I got the last reply in the thread.....