PDA

View Full Version : Possessed Heater Controls

2ndGenPreludeSi
12-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Does anyone else's heater randomly turn on and off without you? If so, any advice on what the problem is?

Oldblueaccord
12-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I would unhook the fan until you figure it out. I would guess the brushes are going bad.

wp

POS carb
12-10-2011, 01:40 PM
my blower stopped working and then cut back on randomly. I traced it back to the ignition switch, but it never turned on when the switch was in the OFF position.

I figured it out because I turned the key to on (engine off) while I was testing and then I started the car it sometimes would work and sometimes it wouldn't . It would also run slow some days and fast others. After I put in a new ignition switch it went back to full speed

2ndGenPreludeSi
01-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys,
You might be on to something there with the ignition, I've noticed a few times that when I turn off my car, that the key will be hot. I've always just thought the heater was pointing at it, haha.

When the heater turns it self off, I just slide it all the way to the right, and then back, and it usually turns off.

And, when someone in the passenger seat gets out of the car. They grab onto the dashboard and pulls themselves out of the car. When they pull on the dashboard (above the glovebox) the heater will turn on, haha.

So yeah, I never figured it out, and it's not that bad in the winter. Automatic heater, haha