PDA

View Full Version : Just for reference

firefighterwhite89
12-12-2011, 06:04 AM
The two O-rings on the IACV that seal to the intake are 15.8mm ID× 1.9mm D.

DBMaster
12-12-2011, 06:46 AM
TWO o-rings? Were you able to use two separate o-rings rather than the single "eyeglasses" seal made for that purpose?

firefighterwhite89
12-14-2011, 12:01 PM
TWO o-rings? Were you able to use two separate o-rings rather than the single "eyeglasses" seal made for that purpose?

Yes. I used two MOEN faucet O-Rings i got in a ten pack from Lowes; though they were just slightly smaller than perfect fit. I used Petroleum Jelly to help hold the O-Rings in place. After adding the three bolts, and tightening my IACV to the intake, i watched the O-Rings expand into place perfectly.

I made the mistake of removing my IACV one morning at 5am after i got to work, and throughout my runs, i was going to pick up the right O-Rings. Nowhere had it in stock including both Honda dealers, any auto parts stores, hardware stores, motorcycle stores and home improvement stores. So to get home i used SAE sized O-Rings >__<:uh:

import racer
12-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey do you think the iacv or the fiv could be causing my idle to be low and run rough.I had both of them off and cleaned them but still not running right.

firefighterwhite89
12-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Hey do you think the iacv or the fiv could be causing my idle to be low and run rough.I had both of them off and cleaned them but still not running right.

Very well could be. You could tell if you had a vacuum gauge, it'd make things much easier. It IS a source of air leaks after the O-Rings get hard over time. They can dry out and split. I had to change the O-Rings on mine because the top one was hard as a rock and split in 5 places. You really could have a vacuum leak anywhere though, as these cars have alot of vacuum tubing running every which a way.

DBMaster
12-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Sounds like a decent fix for the seal. I actually replaced my IACV over ten years ago, though, it was not actually the source of the idle issue I had at the time. It came with a new seal. The o-ring solution is much easier (and, no shipping costs!). Overall, I have never seen vacuum hoses with the lifespan of what the ones on my car have had. I think, literally, I have only replace a couple of them while the rest are still quite pliable and have no cracks in them.