PDA

View Full Version : Driver's window not rolling down

HON-DUH
12-15-2011, 09:34 PM
-

vteckiller
12-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Hello all, been a while since I've posted here, still have my accord! 43k as of right now :)

Anyways, all of the sudden, my driver's side window won't roll down...

I've checked the fuse and it's ok

I don't know what else to check though...

I should add that this problem first started about two months ago and I went off to college then came back and the car's battery was dead, so I jumped it and the window started working again! But the car soon sat again and now I'm back and now it doesn't work again... :(

So...what could it be?

Its possible whoever jumped your car the volts where to strong, and may have fried something? also, just take the door panel off and connection 12v connection.. i use my battery with 2 speaker wires with alligator clips for my 12v power supplys.. and just test it there.. if nothing happens or you hear no motor turning.. try tapping on the most solid part of the motor while cranking it to try and knock it lose from a weather lock.. if all else and the motor turns out to be junk.. there pretty cheap.. i take my speaker power core, cause its like.. the size of a lunch box.. and test motors at junk yards.. the one that sounds the nicest i take.. Just my idea's though.. happy hunting and good luck!

2oodoor
12-16-2011, 12:20 PM
try diconnecting your battery a few minutes, you can clean the connection while youre waiting. That could be a corn fused relay, lol.. seriously sometimes relays get polarized or de somehow and work backwards which means not working at all .
Check and disconnect the window switch and module and reconnecting has miraculously fixed some of these too.

Keachman1
12-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Your driver's side window control module probably needs the connections re-soldered. Do a search on here, it's a common problem. It's located behind the driver's door panel in the middle, halfway up.

HON-DUH
12-17-2011, 08:13 PM
-

HON-DUH
12-17-2011, 08:15 PM
-

Keachman1
12-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Read my post above and do a search on the driver's window control module. The soldered connections on the printed cicuit board tend to fail just like the fuel relay, fan timer, etc on these cars.

vteckiller
12-19-2011, 12:55 PM
So if it isn't the motor nor the fuse, what could it be?[/QUOTE]

There's no real way to tell whats going on inside the Window Motor.. If you hear it working then its probably the cable/gear has slipped off.. or the motor just plan needs replacing.. was there moisture in the car? maybe it got super moist in it and once you finally pressed the window button with a running car it fried the motor circuits.. or plan just fried the motor.. there cheap.. like 40$ brand new. or junk yard for like free pretty much.. just bring a 12v power supply.. i take my Stereo battery cause its like.. tiny. and my Speaker wire with the aligator clips to make it easy on yourself to see what motor works the best at the yard..

charliekuney
12-19-2011, 09:48 PM
While we all fully know that your car indeed has only 43,000 miles, it is also 23+ years old. Electronics from the 80's doesn't really last that long. It's probably the box in the door, like others are saying. Same problem with my car, with 188,000 miles...

HON-DUH
12-19-2011, 11:03 PM
-

charliekuney
12-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I've been quite well! I'm glad to see you haven't given the car up.