PDA

View Full Version : Random DIY

vteckiller
12-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Would anyone think it would be beneficial to post pics, and how to step by steps to removing (Power Steering pump, lines, ect ect) (A/C pump, lines, ect ect) and anything else from weight reduction, mild performance, or tricks in making your car more beneficial? please send me a reply or pm ill see what i can't hook you up with.. atm im in the processes of removing/stripping a car of everything but basically a Drivable Motor.. No extras, no shineys, no heater, no a/c.. pure car. and the driver..

RAZR
12-16-2011, 01:42 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1514

Heres a thread on weight reduction.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32727&page=3

Hope this helps

RAZR.

vteckiller
12-16-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1514

Heres a thread on weight reduction.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32727&page=3

Hope this helps

RAZR.

Didnt really know one even existed.. my point thou is noone post pics at all.. they just tell ppl do this do that do this and that. and blamm.. you're done!

maybe need a more detailed forum/sticky to it.. like steps.. i already removed my stuff and took pics before and after.. got like 50 pics of just everything i did.. but like i said.. probably just more random than anything..

RAZR
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Didnt really know one even existed.. my point thou is noone post pics at all.. they just tell ppl do this do that do this and that. and blamm.. you're done!

maybe need a more detailed forum/sticky to it.. like steps.. i already removed my stuff and took pics before and after.. got like 50 pics of just everything i did.. but like i said.. probably just more random than anything..

The only things you might need pics for is removing AC and PS. everything else is self explanitory.

What do u want pics of?

HON-DUH
12-17-2011, 08:46 PM
The only things you might need pics for is removing AC and PS. everything else is self explanitory.

What do u want pics of?

He doesn't want pics, he has pics and wants to post them along with a DIY

I say you should go for it OP and help out the uber n00bs like me out when I have to do this :)

gfrg88
12-18-2011, 08:21 AM

IMHO, if someone needs a DIY that detailed, they shouldn't be doing it all :dunno:

HON-DUH
12-18-2011, 10:54 AM
IMHO, if someone needs a DIY that detailed, they shouldn't be doing it all :dunno:

Well IMHO, you're wrong.

People like me would be more willing to try the DIY with detail and pics.

Like I've said, go for it OP, make the DIY

import racer
12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree sounds like a good idea.

gfrg88
12-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Well IMHO, you're wrong.

People like me would be more willing to try the DIY with detail and pics.

Like I've said, go for it OP, make the DIY

there's already a DIY, kid ;). Like I said, if you need anything more detailed than that, then don't touch your car...

import racer
12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah well some people find it easy to do something from directions and some do better with a diagram.

gfrg88
12-19-2011, 07:18 PM
I think he should just provide the pics, imo.

HON-DUH
12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
there's already a DIY, kid ;). Like I said, if you need anything more detailed than that, then don't touch your car...

I still disagree

:slap:

gfrg88
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Sigh. Noobs :rolleyes:

CzEcHy
12-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Honestly I suck with word directions. But give me words and a few pictures to go with said words, and I could build the Space Shuttle.

To me, pictures are just a security measure to ensure whatever you're trying to do is correct and done the most efficient way as compared to others.

Even Haynes and Chilton uses pictures for the same reasons.

RAZR
12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Sigh. Noobs :rolleyes:

Why are u against him posting pics?
posting the pics can only help other people. So dont flame him.

gfrg88
12-21-2011, 01:16 PM
What I'm saying is add pics to the already made how to.. he's saying make a new how to that's super detailed ... I'm not agaisnt him anyone making a new one. Hell anyone can make a how to. I just don't see the point in multiple how to threads....but like I said that's just my opinion :)

vteckiller
12-21-2011, 04:52 PM
What I'm saying is add pics to the already made how to.. he's saying make a new how to that's super detailed ... I'm not agaisnt him anyone making a new one. Hell anyone can make a how to. I just don't see the point in multiple how to threads....but like I said that's just my opinion :)

Not really a new one.. maybe a more advanced one.. you can post a picture of anything and without words, directions and insight.. you could be clueless.. How else do you learn to be more Knowledgable in the auto world? learning from others is a great start.. Have to start somewhere.. Anywho.. i've been busy doing the run around on a seatbelt deal, and fixing other peoples cars..
I guess then.. It could be known that if you want detailed info and pictures.. send me an message.. Thanks

gfrg88
12-22-2011, 02:38 PM
trust me, I use DIY all the time. There's a lot I don't know, and need to look at DIY for. For example, I've been looking at catch can DIY, tons actually. I'm feel extremely stupid, just cause I'm still stuck on how to plumb the oil separator shit...

basically what I was saying is, if you need a diy for an easy project, then you shouldn't touch it. I think a person should help/teach you...

anyways, this is just all my opinion. I'm done in here.. not trying to keep going and arguing with peeps here. Anyone can do whatever, I love it when people contribute to our site. :thumbup:

vteckiller
12-22-2011, 03:58 PM
trust me, I use DIY all the time. There's a lot I don't know, and need to look at DIY for. For example, I've been looking at catch can DIY, tons actually. I'm feel extremely stupid, just cause I'm still stuck on how to plumb the oil separator shit...

basically what I was saying is, if you need a diy for an easy project, then you shouldn't touch it. I think a person should help/teach you...

anyways, this is just all my opinion. I'm done in here.. not trying to keep going and arguing with peeps here. Anyone can do whatever, I love it when people contribute to our site. :thumbup:

Can't we all just get along.. :( look at the fights i started over a DIY lol..
Should just use a power steering reservoir.. its got the 2 tubes on the sides, and the one 1 tube on the bottom already made up for you, And its already got a mounting bracket too. and a cap for the filter.. easy as that.. keep it mounted at the same spot as you would normally have your power steering reservoir.. only now its your oil catch can.. and confuse Looks the best IMO..