PDA

View Full Version : Remove license plate/lite panel on coupe

mnmsddy
12-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey All,

I tried searching for this to no avail, i am sure it is because i am calling the part by the wrong name.

Anyways, I am wanting to remove the panel on the trunk lid of my 89 coupe, the panel that has the reverse lights and the license plate bracket. I think I have all of the bolts removed, but it seems stuck in the middle of the panel, lower edge.

Is there a trick I am missing.. :uh:

Dr_Snooz
12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh boy. I only removed one of these one time at the junkyard and that was awhile ago. I'm going from memory on this one so bear with me. I do remember finding a nut and thinking, "No, that can't be it." When I loosened it, the panel came off. You are looking for another nut and it's either well hidden or doesn't look like something that should come off.

Egad. That's not very helpful, but that's the best I can do.

charliekuney
12-28-2011, 09:35 PM
There are also many tabs around the piece that firmly hold it to the metal of the trunk - these all have to be popped out. If it's not coming out easily, you missed a bolt.

mnmsddy
12-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks all, it was two Black plastic tabs, about midway down on each side of plate mount. felt like I had to stand on my head to see them...