PDA

View Full Version : Wobble Sound

vteckiller
12-31-2011, 01:08 PM
So ever since my cars rear end slid into a curb its made a wobble sound.. i changed the tire. the tire tech said the rim is also a lil bent, i've spun every wheel to make sure its not like the tires being warped or what not. the first mechanic i took it to said it was my front wheel bearing, the second mechanic said it was my tires, next step is to grab a steelie make sure its not bent. put it on and see if it doesn't change.. any advise? thanks!

import racer
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Wheel bearing sounds possible, is the sound in the back or front of the car.

itzdave
12-31-2011, 01:52 PM
you should just be able to jack up each wheel and spin it and see if it wobbles...

Pnem3
12-31-2011, 01:59 PM
If it is a wheel bearing then the sound might change depending on whether you are turning right or left.

vteckiller
12-31-2011, 03:23 PM
thats the thing, i personally think its coming from the back rear tire i changed.. i already did the whole have every bit of the car jacked up i did it on a roll up jack that lifts from the buttom.. all 4 tires off the ground i spun them all and it was the back rear like i had though and i was like already im having troubles ill take it to my buddy who owns a shop.. evidently. i think its the rim itself is a little bent the tire person said. so that could be my wobble sound.. i am going to get a steelie and try that. and i still need to make it to honda to get my seat belts replaced lol. thanks..

vteckiller
02-27-2012, 03:59 PM
So i changed the rear hub in the left side where the wobble sound was coming from.. no more wobble sound anymore, but i noticed that the new hub looked as if it was " slightly bent " or something cause when i spun the hub it had a wobble look like it was off balance or something.. i bought the hub brand new from autozone, lifetime warranty. its duralast. market value was 62$ so i figured it wasnt the cheapest nor the most expensive.. any solutsions? or did i just get one of the very few defective parts? also with the tire mounted and lifted off the ground i gave the thing a spin and it looked like it was still there as i was watching the rim not the tire. i seen the slighest wobble like with the hub. any help is useful, thanks!