PDA

View Full Version : Acura Vigor - Power steering leak

mistyh
01-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Please forgive me if I am wrong however I noticed during my search for answers that you all have helped someone with a vigor so I am hoping you folks could lend me some expertise.

I have a 93 Vigor that has been sitting for 11 months. Its starts and runs fine however the power steering fluid leaks from its reservoir. Naturally I have no steering at all. There is no noise. I am wondering what you all think may be the issue.

We have taken the pump off the car and want to get it "tested" to see if thats the problem but I dont even know where to go, what we are testing for, and so fourth. After reading a few posts here I am incouraged however that I may in fact be able to rebuild my pump. Am I correct that its not that hard?

HELP smart people! :bow::bow:

AZmike
01-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Does the reservoir leak or does it overflow when the pump is turning (engine on)? Please describe the problem in more detail. Why do you suspect the pump? Power steering pump problems are very rare other than a shaft seal leak.

If the reservoir just leaks all the time then replace it--you need PS fluid for the system to work.

Dr_Snooz
01-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Can we get a pic of the leaking reservoir?

vteckiller
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
You should have the car running, turn the wheel to the right, with someone helping. watching the reservoir as you turn the wheel to the right, then to the left. my guess is that you have a kink somewhere or the reservoir just needs to be replaced for like 5$ at a Junkyard you can get a " like new to you " one.

Check lines for holes/cracks/rips/tears/anything..