PDA

View Full Version : interchangable parts

88lxi-shortram
01-01-2012, 05:11 PM
well today i went to pap looking for a vacuum advance and ended up getting on from a 3rd gen lude that fit with small modifications. it made me wonder what other parts have people found that are easily interchangable. i searched but didnt find anything so i figured i'd make a post. so let loose guys and share your discoveries.

any modifications you needed to make should also be posted to help others make the parts fit.

for the vacuum advance you have to screw the rod that attaches inside the dizzy off and switch it with the rod from the original advance. try to get it close to where it was and then just set it in, install the E clamp, and screw in the mounting screws. replace dizzy after reassembly, set timing and enjoy your new advance.

Dr_Snooz
01-01-2012, 08:23 PM
The hood prop rod holder from a 4g works great on the 3g. Most of them in the junkyard are not broken like the 3g ones.

vteckiller
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM
The hood prop rod holder from a 4g works great on the 3g. Most of them in the junkyard are not broken like the 3g ones.

i am going to see if i can't find out what year the same coilovers will work, i heard if i aint mistaken front from a prelude, back from a accord.