PDA

View Full Version : uh oh..... broke a thermovalve vacuum port

Burn1nRubb3r
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM
I just finished doing the stage 1 vacuum removal when I broke off the vacuum port for #18 on the diagram.... However, I still hooked up #18 to were #17 is supposed to connect, will this still work? I figured the ports are all the same, correct? And can I plug the broken vacuum port without hooking up #17? These stupid thermovalves ain't cheap...

Here is the How To thread for the diagram: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11067 Scroll to the stage 1 vacuum removal section

import racer
01-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Just continue and do stage 2 and 3 of the vacuum removal and you can hook it up to the that one if i remember correctly.

Burn1nRubb3r
01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Just continue and do stage 2 and 3 of the vacuum removal and you can hook it up to the that one if i remember correctly.

Would doing the stage 3 vacuum removal cause hard starting in winter? My only concern is cold starts in -0 temps were I live. I would leave the choke for winter, but is there anything else I should need connected still?

import racer
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
When I did mine I removed everything but the choke and it worked fine in the winter .Until my choke pull off croaked.

POS carb
01-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Looking at the diagram it looks like this would cause your choke to not operate correctly. Just make sure it opens up when you tap the throttle with the engine running