PDA

View Full Version : Clutch issues

Phatman
01-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Okay, so here's the skinny. Last year I bought a reman'd transmission and a new ACT clutch for my 3G. Installed at a local shop no problem. Shifts, 5th gear is back, no more slipping clutch. Flywheel was resurfaced when the work was done.

However, as the year went on, and a new clutch cable was installed, it got harder to get the clutch engaged (or it is disengaged??) so I can shift, particularly at a dead stop. I've gone all the way to the end of adjustment and still have to shove the pedal into the floor to get anywhere.

I just picked up a stock cable thinking maybe they were shorter than what I got at Merle's. Not the case. The one I just got from the yard is greased though so it's not binding horribly.

I took the car out last night and at first all seemed well. As I was finishing up my errands for the night, the clutch pedal needed less movement to engage the clutch and shift.

Now if I loosen the adjustment and then snug it up again, it seems okay for a bit.

So my question is, is it something with the clutch? Or is the pedal assembly tweaking out?

Car is an 88 Accord LXi with A20A3 motor and stock transmission (like I need any other kind)