PDA

View Full Version : Found: 1Gee Solaire Prelude Conv.

EastTN_1Gee
01-11-2012, 09:43 PM
http://www.preludezone.com/1st-gen-honda-prelude/43615-found-1gee-solaire-prelude-conv.html#post591214

Dr_Snooz
01-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Looks like a homegrown job to me. I'm no expert though. Pretty beat up too.

EastTN_1Gee
01-12-2012, 07:08 AM
It has a molded fiberglass receiver for the top, upholstered in vinyl. button patterns match Solaire. Body has some dings but not "beat-up". some rust on the rocker panels but overall, pretty solid. It started right up, runs like a top, shifts out nice. interior and top are SHOT.

DBMaster
01-12-2012, 09:00 AM
One of my high school friends had the first Prelude model. Her parents had dough and bought it for her brand new in 1982 (or, was it 1981?). Very nifty little car for the time period.

Dr_Snooz
01-12-2012, 01:33 PM
It has a molded fiberglass receiver for the top, upholstered in vinyl. button patterns match Solaire. Body has some dings but not "beat-up". some rust on the rocker panels but overall, pretty solid. It started right up, runs like a top, shifts out nice. interior and top are SHOT.

I can't make an informed opinion about the top, but I notice that the roof line is too high over the center support and nothing really works around the windows. Maybe it's just that far gone. By "beat up" I mean that it's clearly not appropriate for a daily driver and that it would require tens of thousands to make it a worthy collector car. Very few Hondas are collectible enough to merit that kind of bread. Again, I'm no expert, but it looks like a giant bill to me. Anyway, I'll keep my trap shut after this. Sorry for bagging on the car.

2ndGenGuy
02-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Soooo... did you buy it? Is it your car now? What's the story? What are the plans? We demand to know more!!!!! :D :D :D

Dr_Snooz
02-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I think that idiot Snooz scared him off.

2ndGenGuy
03-01-2013, 09:19 AM
:(

Dr_Snooz
03-01-2013, 10:17 AM
I do apologize for that, but I have a hard time sitting by and letting someone bite off way, way more than they can realistically chew. I don't think that's fair at all. Yes, we all want to see the old cars saved and lovingly restored, especially when they are rare, but if someone doesn't realize what they are getting into and lacks the resources to pull it off, the car is still lost. It simply takes someone's passion and money with it when it goes.

:(