PDA

View Full Version : oil pan stuck

likewtf
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
my oilpan was leacking so desided the replace is because the gasket was shot and the drainplug was stripped i got all the bolts out and i can get the oil pan offi tried prying it with screw driver i tried a pice of wood and hammer hitting the side of it it wont budge yes i got all the bolts 18 of them i ever tried some adhesive remover i dont know what else to do

Dr_Snooz
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Take out the drain bolt. Put in a long screwdriver and yank like heck. Don't bend the hole or damage the threads though. It's more a persistence thing really. Just keep at it and it will come eventually.

88Accord-DX
01-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Try that previous trick with a screwdriver in drain plug as mentioned first... Make sure u don't phuck the treads up..
Then if that don't work, try a heavy rubber mallet & pound it pretty hard... TRY not to pry on the pan if all possible!! BUT- if you break the seam with a screwdriver or what ever (pan lip will bend) , just bend outer lip back as even as possible & make sure it's level...Also, get a OEM oil pan gasket & replace the (aftermarket/felpro) down-gasket!!! Seriously..(torque it in sequence too)

vteckiller
01-14-2012, 11:12 AM
just take a paint scraper or of some sort and run it along the gasket line..

Keachman1
01-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Use a rubber mallet and hit the pan on the side at the lowest point to break it loose. Hit it on both sides to rock it back and forth. Don't stick a screw driver in the oil drain or it will mess the threads up. The gaskets can stick pretty good and hold it if someone has used adhesive instead of a little silicon at the corners like you are supposed to.

likewtf
01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
i got the seal broke i bent the hell out the pan it i just used screwdriver and a wood and mallet through the rim and beat the hell outta it the seal is broke all around it but the damn thing still wont come out its stuck on the transmission side it looks like on this guard thing so i started taking out the bolts for it but i cant tell if the guard goes all way up transmission there was 4 i could see i got 3 out and then seen i cant get to one because of i guess its a transmission mount is in the way im stuck. i was reading someones post they had a similar problem and they bent the guard and i guess got it?

68733 is the tread number i cant post urls

Dr_Snooz
01-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I am reasonably certain that I didn't have to pull that guard (the flywheel cover) when I did mine. It does however get beat up and bent and quite frequently disappears entirely on these old cars. I might have had to pry it out of the way somewhat to get the pan out. If you end up having to take the flywheel cover off, you'll most likely have to pull the drive axle to do it. *Joy*

likewtf
01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
i got it off the gasket was stuck over the cover somehow i pryed it with a screw driver i dont know exactly how it was stuck but i got it

Dr_Snooz
01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Sweet! Getting it back together will be even MORE fun!!! LOL