PDA

View Full Version : Short hub adapters that fit our cars.

ShyBoyCA6
01-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Hi guys, i wanna install a Short hub in my car, yes ive searched...maybe not hard enough or nothing came up in this subject. i found a NRG short hub for a civic/crx on shitbay. i seen a thread on this but there was no proof or at least yes it would fit confirmation by the person doing this. im not sure on the spine count on the inlet for the short hub. i know preludes fit but didn't find a kit for it till the later models... all i need is the hub adapter for the quick release to actually work and then it will be done. thanks for any input on this.

stat1K
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
the search, "quick release" works better mark.

Maybach310
01-17-2012, 07:30 PM
yes they do fit i have a crx hub on mine.

ShyBoyCA6
01-17-2012, 07:53 PM
the search, "quick release" works better mark.

i did search patrick :) maybe i was tired last night -_____- i sped read everything...

ShyBoyCA6
01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
yes they do fit i have a crx hub on mine.

sweet! um got any pics the hub on the car?

Maybach310
01-18-2012, 09:30 AM
sweet! um got any pics the hub on the car?

no pictures i just took it off n put it on my car.

ShyBoyCA6
08-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Updating thread for those interested in the quick release method.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae295/Prettyboi_22_/1989naccordsteeringwheel.jpg

mykwikcoupe
08-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Whats wrong with the stock steering wheel or possibly upgrading to the prelude steering wheel.

ShyBoyCA6
08-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Whats wrong with the stock steering wheel or possibly upgrading to the prelude steering wheel.

Nothing really just wanted to upgrade and for safety reasons.

A18A
08-19-2012, 11:22 PM
if you don't mind me asking, what are those safety reasons?

Vanilla Sky
08-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I need a larger wheel to compensate for lack of power steering. I'd really like a nice wood wheel. Some people do this mod as a security measure. Without the wheel, you can't drive off with the car.

lostforawhile
08-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I need a larger wheel to compensate for lack of power steering. I'd really like a nice wood wheel. Some people do this mod as a security measure. Without the wheel, you can't drive off with the car.

thats why car thieves carry vise grips

ShyBoyCA6
08-20-2012, 12:36 AM
if you don't mind me asking, what are those safety reasons?

Sorry not safety meant to put security reason. Older cars seem to be stolen around here. Got a lot in my mind right I can't think straight. Gonna assemble the block tomorrow and remove old engine.

MessyHonda
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM

I like my prelude wheel but I think its less likely to get stolen with out a quick release steering wheel.

Sorry not safety meant to put security reason. Older cars seem to be stolen around here. Got a lot in my mind right I can't think straight. Gonna assemble the block tomorrow and remove old engine.

I hope you put in a kill switch too.

ShyBoyCA6
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I hope you put in a kill switch too.

Yeah I'm gonna install one too gonna need to find a good place for it so it won't be easy to steal. Also was thinking of putting a tracker on the fuel tank but i think thats too much. I would do anything to keep my B series coupe from being stolen even if i have to sleep in the damn thing lol.

mykwikcoupe
08-20-2012, 09:23 PM
sleeping in the vehicle doesnt give thieves a reason not to steal stuff. A few years ago i was contracted by AT&T to install the 3G network in my region. I did 1384 sites in less then a year and was working 7 days a week basically as many hours as i could safely put in. I was out of town as always and asked the gas station attendadnt in the small town (had 2 stop signs and 1 stop light) if i could park my truck and sleep in the parking lot. I was so tired I didnt put the slide lock in that physically inserts a pin into a latch that holds all the doors shut but instead just locked the doors with the normal key. i woke up about 3 hours later because it started to get light outside. i walked around the truck for the daily inspection (DOT Gross weight over 10k lbs requirement) and my back doors had been pryed open and was missing about 20k in tools. Needless to say this small town didnt have anything I needed to complete my project and alot of corporate hassles and paperwork I quit about 5 months later. Stupid thieves need to have a hand cut off when they get caught.

ShyBoyCA6
08-29-2012, 07:57 PM
yeah i guess your right. We work so hard to put our time and money in these cars for people like them to steal and make a quick buck. I personally would shoot them (Not killing them of course) with out hesitation or beat them with a pipe of some sort. Im not the type of person that would do this unless i feel my Mom's house(yes still live with my mother LOL) and car might be targeted. also been thinking of adding a Camera at the front main gate and rear of the house so i could let the police handle it before i do :).

import racer
08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z304/importracer1987/Picture022.jpgI like my old school wheel,it's only 10" and easy to drive with

obdriver6
08-31-2012, 08:53 PM
So to be clear, that's a CRX hub?

ShyBoyCA6
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM
So to be clear, that's a CRX hub?

Yes. If you trying to get the horn to work i still haven't figured it out. I might do a hidden button to operate the horn. Also keep the little plastic thing for the turn signals to work or else they'll will stay on. And your set.

redneck
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
any word on this yet. bout to order my wood grain and just wanted to check

Rendon LX-i
12-07-2012, 11:38 AM
nrg has a locking cap that goes on so a vise grip cant be used. But if a fool wants a car and has the time hell get it.

Hondaboi
08-16-2013, 10:37 AM
You think you can tell me where you buy the hub and the quick release pleaseee????