PDA

View Full Version : Just replaced Fuel Pump, Now car has rough idle when in Drive

SharkyX
01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
The car nearly cuts off while in drive, its idling around 500. in nuetral and park the idle is great and doing what it should. Any ideas? During the whole process of finding out it was the fuel pump alot of starter fluid got pumped into the carb, could that have killed anything? (plugs, PCV valve?)

I replace dmy fuel filter also when i did the new pump.

Dr_Snooz
01-16-2012, 10:25 PM
The starter fluid will kill your engine bearings. The big ones in the crankcase that are very expensive to replace. Use starter fluid very sparingly. For your issue, when was your last tune up (plugs, wires, cap and rotor)? Run a bottle of injector fluid through it as a first step. How is it running generally? How does it drive down the road?

SharkyX
01-17-2012, 05:40 AM
The starter fluid will kill your engine bearings. The big ones in the crankcase that are very expensive to replace. Use starter fluid very sparingly. For your issue, when was your last tune up (plugs, wires, cap and rotor)? Run a bottle of injector fluid through it as a first step. How is it running generally? How does it drive down the road?
ive replaced all my wires and stuff in the last year, it was idling fine in drive before the fuel pump went Sat, now with the new pump its got the rgouh idle. The car was doing something like this when i bought it a few years back and a new pcv valve ended up fixing it. the car drives great, and when in park idles great with no roughness