PDA

View Full Version : Power windows on my DX hatch

ADRIANFARINA
01-18-2012, 09:58 PM
got them installed but not wired.
I bought the system from a coupe (engines , mechanisms , buttons , control units) .
I've managed using the mechanisms by replacing the lower rails that hold the windows , the hatch ones are 3-4 cm shorter.

the issue is with the wiring , how do I wire the system?
I've played with the right window , it has two wires that come out of it , one is positive and one is negative. by switching between them the window goes up or down.

I didn't understand the system by looking at the diagram.

thanks

ADRIANFARINA
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
no one?

RAZR
01-19-2012, 12:44 PM
So correct me if im wrong. You have crank windows and your attempting to install power windows? am i correct?

ADRIANFARINA
01-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I have everuthing installed but not wired.
I don't have the original conectors that should be pluged into the motors and control unit , so I have to guess where they go...and how..

RAZR
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Im not that great with the wiring stuff so ill let Lost chime in and help you out he knows alot about electrical.

ADRIANFARINA
01-19-2012, 02:21 PM
a pi cture of the relevant connctors will help.. so I can see the colours of the wires and where they come out from.

Dr_Snooz
01-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Have you looked through the service manual (http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php) and electrical troubleshooting manual (http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Honda_service_manuals) yet? Those are going to be your best resources.

ADRIANFARINA
01-20-2012, 11:55 AM
yes , I've looked. but the issue is that I need to do this from zero , I got all the components , but because I don't have the wiring loom , I need to build one.. but don't have the connectors. so if the book sais "black wire" (example).. I don't know where it goes in the back of the button (for example).

ADRIANFARINA
01-21-2012, 07:39 AM
is there someone that can send me a picture of the connectors comming out of them? I want to see the order..

thanks

Dr_Snooz
01-21-2012, 09:12 AM
is there someone that can send me a picture of the connectors comming out of them? I want to see the order..

thanks

You know, it's funny because I'm seeing at least a half-dozen pinouts on pp. 25-52 -> 25-58 of the Service Manual. Everything is there from the pinouts for the window switches to the pinouts for the motors and relays. Every relevant schematic is there. If that isn't enough, there is the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual which has pictures of every connector, every ground connection and every control box along with an extensive description of how the circuit operates on p. 162. The electrical troubleshooting manual has a four page schematic that lists where the photos are of each connection.

Help me understand how this is not helpful.

ADRIANFARINA
01-21-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm downloading it now.
I was using the Haynes one , but it's not good for this purpose..

ecogabriel
01-21-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm downloading it now.

Haynes would give you some general idea, but forget about details.
Worse, I found out the hard way that some things are plain wrong there - such as how to install the oil pan gasket (in my Civic)... did not make the same mistake with the 3G and got the shop manuals from here and the one the Dr. uploaded.

89HatchbackLxi
01-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm downloading it now.

Yeah... the Haynes one is pretty much a joke.

Bassmastry101
02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I recently did this in my coupe. Believe me the wiring can be a nightmare. I drew out my wiring, if I get a change I'll post it up for you. I tapped into the cruise control circuit for now since I don't have it in my dx, and it had power on with the switch. I'll eventually run some wires through the right spot in the fuse box. But 2 months and no problems yet.

ADRIANFARINA
02-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Please do..

Bassmastry101
04-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Probably Irrelevant now but this is what I got. I apologize if anything is wrong, it was a late night at the shop and this is all from the notes I took at the time. Next time I have my door panels off I will confirm these. All I used was the control box in the door, both motors, and both switches. For some reason I thought there was a control box under the passenger seat either for the windows or the mirrors but they all work fine without it.

Driver Switch: 8 Wires (Harness as 9...red/yellow is for auto up feature that was only for JDM Accords)
Red/Yellow - Auto UP? (not on switches side..there is a how-to on here on how to get that)
Red/Green - DOWN
White/Yellow - 12+ from relay/fuse box
Black/Yellow - UP
Black/Green - Auto DOWN?
Black - Ground
Blue/Yellow - 12+ (to passenger switch)
Blue/Green - DOWN (To passenger switch)
Blue/Black - UP (To passenger switch)

Motor: 4 Wires (All from control unit)
Red/Blue
Red/Yellow
Black
Blue

Control Unit:
Red/Blue - to motor
Red/Yellow - to motor
Blue - to motor

-------------------------------------

Passenger Switch: 5 Wires
Blue/White - to motor
Blue/Red - to motor
Blue/Black - UP
Blue/Yellow - 12+ (from driver switch)
Blue/Green - DOWN

Motor: 2 Wires
Blue/Red
Blue/white

ADRIANFARINA
04-11-2012, 09:08 AM
I've done mine already , thanks anyway !!